6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2013 6:51 AM by Richard M Knight

Slight out of sync audio on export

SSG-JHSPH

When I export a sequence with the setting:  "Match Sequence Settings"   - Everything plays/sounds fine.

But when I use any other codec (H.264, etc) to export, the audio is always slightly delayed.  It's not much, but you can definitely tell.

Is there something I'm not doing right?  I can't believe that this is just an inherent issue with Encoder's compression.

By the way, I've tried variable/constant bitrate, changing the audio precedence, sample rate.  Nothing makes a difference.  Anytime I compress, the audio is delayed.

Has anyone else had this problem?

• 1. Re: Slight out of sync audio on export
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

• 2. Re: Slight out of sync audio on export
            SSG-JHSPH Level 1
            • Premiere Pro CC
            • Software completely updated
            • PC Windows 7
            • Canon 5D DSLR footage - h.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Linear PCM
            • There is no error - the video is successfully exported, but there is a delay in audio
            • When I export as "Match Sequence Settings," everything plays fine
            • What other software are you running? - none
            • Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? - none
            • Dell Precision T7600, 32 GB RAM, 64-bit, (2) 2.30 GHz processors, (2) Nvidia Quadro 4000
            • Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration? - yes
            • Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both?  Only final output using varios codecs
            • 3. Re: Slight out of sync audio on export
              Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

Several more questions:

1. Is all of the source content Canon 5D? Is the audio and video in the source sequence from the same clips, or are you pairing independent audio and video sources?
              2. What effects, if any, are applied to clips in the sequence?
              3. If you put just a single untrimmed clip in a sequence and export, do you still have a sync issue?
              4. Have you tried exporting with GPU acceleration disabled?
              5. In what players/programs are you seeing the sync problem?
              6. Does the sync issue get progressively worse the longer the video?
              7. Can you post sample files for us to download and see for ourselves--both a source clip and an encoded output?
              • 4. Re: Slight out of sync audio on export
                Jim_Simon Level 8

How exactly are you watching the exports?

• 5. Re: Slight out of sync audio on export
                  SSG-JHSPH Level 1

Hi - I'm still having some sync issues.

1)  No, I am pairing independent audio and video sources.  Specifically, I'm taking interview audio and syncing it using Pluraleyes. 

2)  No effects

3)  No, it seems to be okay with very short (10 seconds) clips.

4)  No, I haven't tried that.  (would that be in Media Encoder Preferences?)

5)  Windows media, VLC

6)  The sync issue did not seem to get worse as the video played on

7)  I will send you a direct link (video hasn't been "released" yet)

I will also say, when I took the H.264 export and placed it back into my Premiere timeline, the audio was 1 or 2 frames off.  Again, not incredibly noticeable, but once I shifted it forward in time, the audio and video lined up great.

Thanks again for the help. 

• 6. Re: Slight out of sync audio on export
                    Richard M Knight Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I find when making dvds and Bluray the sync looks better when I make the audio a frame earlier.