0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2013 10:20 AM by kellisswan

Responsive animation difficulty - stage height fixed?

kellisswan

I just created my first, fairly simple edge project - a header for my website. I made the project responsive, and it works well on preview in browser. However when I inserted it into Dreamweaver, it was not responsive, so I added an embed class with width=100% and height=auto. That did indeed cause the edge animation images to respond nicely, however there appears to be a fixed stage height involved, and I can't figure out how to fix it.  As my navigation bar falls just below this header graphic, the nav gets pushed way down on smaller devices.

Also, when I add the embed class, the entire graphic becomes hidden while working in Dreamweaver, except when viewing as "Live". I took out the height=auto as it wan't having the desired effect anyways, and then I could see the graphic in Dreamweaver again.

Here's what I have so far: http://www.pencilplace.com/

Member "BigMucho" posted the following teak on another thread [http://forums.adobe.com/message/5234102#5234102]. This does work for me ... will use this unless/until somebody can shed other, easier light on the subject of making an animation responsive for width & height. 

*** Posted by BigMucho***

A few tweaks to the Edge HTML / CSS and you're good to go.  Inside Edge, make sure all height and width units are set to percentage (including the stage).  This technique also works well with non-Edge content, no jQuery required.

HTML:

<body>

<div id='aspectwrapper'>

<div id='content'>

<!-- The Good Stuff Lives Here -->

</div>

</div>

</body>

CSS:

#aspectwrapper {

display:inline-block;

width:100%;