ADE2.0 does not support XP below SP3. It may happen to work, but ....
In any case ADE2.0 is unreliable on XP (and fairly buggy on anything else).
Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.
Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.
The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above. There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'. The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172
In windows xp serivce pack-2, ADE 2.0 is working perfectly for few days only, but after few days ADE 2.0 is not opening. I dont know why it is not opening? Can anyone tell me reason behind this?
If RUN>>MSCONFIG>GENERAL>DIAGNOSTIC STARTUP - LOAD BASIC DEVICES AND SERVICE ONLY > APPLY > OK and restarting the system then the ADE 2.0 is opening.
If RUN>> MSCONFIG>GENERAL>NORMAL STARTUP - LOAD ALL DEVICE DRIVERS AND SERVICES > APPLY > OK and restarting the system then the ADE 2.0 is NOT opening. As you people are well aware that we cannot use the diagnostic startup since it will allow basic service and devices only.
I have tried the following methods to overcome this issue (from internet)
1. Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions using one of these two methods:
- Start > Programs > Adobe > Adobe Digital Editions > Uninstall
- Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs
2. Initiate Uninstall
3. In order to remove all remnants of Adobe Digital Editions / Adobe Adept from the machine a "Registry Edit" will need to be performed:
- Start > Run > Regedit
4. Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe > Adept and Delete the full "Adept" folder
5. Remove only the structures that are under the "SOFTWARE" extensions. This will remove the Adobe ID / License and Activation Keys
6. Clear any outstanding tasks that may be associated to Adobe Digital Editions downloads
- C:\data\my digital editions
- C:\my documents\my digital editions
7. Delete any documents within these folders:
- Restore > Tasks
- Restore > Failed
8. Re-install Adobe Digital Editions
9. I have updated Windows xp from SP2 to SP3
The above methods didn't helped me to solve this issue. Then, i have used DIAGNOSTIC STARTUP and safe mode, it was opened, but not in normal user mode.
You seem to have got duplicate threads running by mistake.
As I say on the other thread, just use v1.7.2.
Trying to work out why v2.0 sometimes doesn't work is very unlikely to prove productive.
The fact that it does under some circumstances is just an extra red herrring/irritation.