1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2013 12:39 PM by Mark Mapes

Premiere Pro crashes when editing with strange error

ibrahimashmawey

Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 10.44.57 PM.png

My project in Premiere Pro CS6 opens up fine. When I attempt to edit anything in the sequence (simply moving some footage around), I get the following error:

Premiere pro has encountered an error. [/Volumes/BuildDisk/builds/mightykilt/shared/adobe/MediaCore/Backend/Make/Mac/../../Src/S equence/FeedbackGroup.cpp-193]

Then the program crashes. Have to reopen, and rename the project. And I'm never able to edit anything. It's been working fine for about a month. This happened suddenly. Tried rebooting both external harddrive and computer. Tried saving the project file on the harddrive and on the computer. Tried opening a new file and copying in the sequence.

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro crashes when editing with strange error
          Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

Thanks, ibrahimashmawey. That error report gives us enough information to investigate this crash. Our offices are closed all next week, so it will be at least July 8 before we have any answer. In the meantime, you might want to try downloading the CC trial to test whether this issue is fixed in the new version. Also, I suggest Googling: ".cpp-193" premiere. I got several hits, including one on these very forums that moving an audio clip to another track resolved the problem.