3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 9:50 AM by Brett N

Positioning of next photo in OPEN-List.  Permanent setting of thumbnail.

michaelvi

Hello,

Can you avoid that when opening the list of photos always is set to the beginning instead of showing the position of the last photo that has been edited..That makes it easier to scroll for the next photo in a long list.

Can you change permanetly from detail view to thumbnail view?

Regards,

Michael

• 1. Re: Positioning of next photo in OPEN-List.  Permanent setting of thumbnail.
          Brett N Adobe Employee

If you are talking about the dialog box you see when you go to File > Open in the Elements Editor, that dialog box is controlled by your OS, not by Elements. All of the settings that you may wish to be changed, such as whether you are using Detail or Thumbnail view, comes from the OS. All that Elements does is remember the last folder you were looking at.

• 2. Re: Positioning of next photo in OPEN-List.  Permanent setting of thumbnail.
            michaelvi Level 1

Hi Brett,

-          I imagined this as well that OS XP in “Folder Options / View /

Apply to All Folders” may set Thumbnail for all other Views in programs,

e.g., Elements. But it doesn’t. Any time I have set it in OS, the View in

Elements, when opening a folder, still is displayed in “Detail”.

-          I never was lucky that Elements remembered the last file I was

looking at. It always jumped back to the beginning of the photo-file-list

when I was looking for the next photo to be opened with FILE-OPEN.

• 3. Re: Positioning of next photo in OPEN-List.  Permanent setting of thumbnail.
              Brett N Adobe Employee

1. Elements should start with using whatever option was sent to it by the OS, but if you make changes in the dialog, those changes should be remembered for the next time you use it. So if you changed to Thumbnail from Detail, it should be Thumbnail the next time to come to the dialog. If this is not being remembered, the file that stores this information could be damaged. You may need to recreate your preference file.

2. Elements doesn't remember the last file you opened, it remembers the last folder, and it will always show the top of the list.