4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2007 6:16 AM by

Multiple identity property tags in config

I found in the docs that you should be able to specify multiple identity property tags in the data-management-config.xml file, but have not been able to get this to work.

Has anyone tried this or gotten it to work?

documentation:
      http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/docs/00001191.html#258219
        • 1. Re: Multiple identity property tags in config
          Mete Atamel Level 1
          What kind of errors are you seeing?
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Multiple identity property tags in config
            There aren't really any errors, it's just not updating the Collection like it should. I have an object that has a unique ID (once assigned, never changes) and an dateUpdated timestamp, between the 2 fields, flex can tell when an object has been updated. The Collection should have 10 items, and shows a length of 10, but only the first element contains the object, the rest are nulls. I think it's just using the timestamp and since they all have the same timestamp each overwrites the previous resulting in 1 object and 9 nulls.

Thanks,
            Steve
            • 3. Re: Multiple identity property tags in config
              Mete Atamel Level 1
              It's hard to tell what the problem might be. Multiple identity property tags are definitely supposed to work. Do you think you can provide a simple test case that exhibits the behavior with client/server code and destination definition?
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Multiple identity property tags in config
                Upon further reading, I think I am approaching my problem incorrectly. I think messaging is what I need. I have several Anemometers (wind reporting devices) grouped by location. They are constantly sending data which I need to send to any client connected. I'd also like to only transmit data applicable to the location the client is viewing. So I think I need messaging with consumer filters for the location. Let me know if you think messaging sounds appropriate. As of yet, i haven't been able to find any messaging example where the data is created on the server... but I'll keep looking.