Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stopping Slide Auto Advance S.O.S.

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2007 Oct 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone -

Sorry for such a simple question but it's making me a little crazy. I'm using Captivate as an authoring tool which will include software simulation. I've created a slide that displays the course outline. The user will have the option to select the area they'd like to view (skip to slide linking option) but when I preview, the course slide auto advances. There must be a way to stop slides from auto advancing, right? Ultimately, this course will be advanced only by the user clicking the Next button.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2007 Oct 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pants Lu and welcome to our community

See if the following link helps you sort anything

Click here to view

If it doesn't, please post back and clarify.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2007 Oct 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pants Lu

I see Rick has already posted, so apologies to the big guy for busting in (mea culpa), but I would like to add something from my own personal exerience that could help.
In a preview you do not necessarily see the same as a user would. What I mean is that your built in pauses through the use of text boxes, click boxes and buttons will not show. In other words, a preview largely shows the speed and flow of the project. I would recommend that you actually publish the project and look at it as a user would.

Cheers
Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2007 Oct 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Andrew

No need to apologize, my friend. The forums are a wonderful and rich place because of discussion!

I would like to clarify that a bit though. I think you may be referring to the preview one sees by pressing F3, or the Spacebar or by clicking the tiny little Play button below the Timeline. That particular preview is really just for checking the timing of objects. But if previewing by one of the other means, (From this slide, Next N slides, Project or In Web Browser, the pauses should work if they are there.

Cheers and happy Friday all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2007 Oct 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks to both Andrew and Rick! You're replies have both resolved my issue and given me a few additional ideas. I'm so glad I came across this forum!

Enjoy the day!

Pants Lu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources