4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 7:16 AM by Cozmicone

My scanned picture covers the whole scanning functions window.

Eduk P

So i can't highlight it and thus finish scanning. The worst part is that i've tried all the buttons and screen size changes but nothing works except terminating the whole photoshop proccess and starting all over again... Any tips?

thanks

• 1. Re: My scanned picture covers the whole scanning functions window.
          Level 5

Not a clue, because you have provided zero information.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: My scanned picture covers the whole scanning functions window.
            Cozmicone Level 4

Sounds like your preview window is physically larger than your monitor resolution. You could try increasing your monitor resolution, that is if you're not already at the maximum of your video card or monitor, and that would possibly allow you to see the border of the preview window so you could decrease the size of it. Another option is to see if there is a way to reset the preferences of your scanning software. If you've increased the size of the window then it's just going to keep using that resized preview each time.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: My scanned picture covers the whole scanning functions window.
              Eduk P Level 1

Thanks Cozmicone, but it's not quite like that. The resolution is maximized and sadly that doesn't solve the problem, neither does dabbling in the settings of the scanner preview/functions window.

I've added a picture to show exactly what i mean by the picture obstructing the preview window:

scannerfup.JPG

As i scan the picture with a slightly higher resolution it turns up quite big. The red box on the lower desktop shows where the functions window is, which is active. The scanned picture should turn up under the functions window but it stays on top and there's nothing i can do, if i can't highlight the functions window. The only action it allows is to either maximize, minimize or restore photoshop, which is also, not helping. The only thing i've discovered is to just move the functions window in the lower right corner, but it's quite annoying if i have to do it every single time i'm scanning.

Thanks for all the feedback. This has been annoying me for some time...

• 4. Re: My scanned picture covers the whole scanning functions window.
                Cozmicone Level 4

Gotcha. Unfortunately after you scan a photo Photoshop automatically wants to be the active program but the since you opened the scanning software via a Photoshop menu, you can't do anything until you close out the scanning software.

The scanning software "should" make a separate window in your taskbar but from your screenshot I can see that it's not. You may want to see if there is an option in the scanning software settings or configuration that will force the software to close after scanning an image. If you have multiple images to scan its not ideal, but at least you won't be stuck.

Another option is to see if you can alt-tab to the scan interface. This would allow you to make the scanning interface the activate application so you could do something else or close it out.

A third option is to double click on the Photoshop window. Since Photoshop is becoming the activate application you can resize the entire interface which will allow you to click on the scanning software to make it active again. Before you start scanning this actually might be the best way to approach the problem. so make Photoshop slightly lower than the top of your screen and set the scanning software so it will appear just above Photoshop. That way you can flip back and forth between the two programs without having to do a lot of manipulating of images in Photoshop.