2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2013 10:14 AM by Pattie F

Files Transferred to Revel..Why?

photoshop.com library

Only 4 of my 2600 photo's were transfered to Revel.From a Windows XP computer to a new Windows 8 computer,I received an e-mail from Adobe saying they had been moved to a new home,Where! Any idea's or comments why?

• 1. Re: Files Transferred to Revel..Why?
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

Ronnie-

Your Photoshop.com account only had 4 photos in it. They migrated to your Photoshop.com library in Revel. You also have 54 photos in Ronnie's library that you have since uploaded.

My best guess without knowing any details is that you are an Elements user and have 2600 photos stored in the Elements organizer. If this is the case, then they only are saved to the cloud at Photoshop.com if the Sync was setup and enabled. The only files that migrated to Revel were ones that were already stored at Photoshop.com when the migration took place.

You can upload additional photos to Revel from your hard drive if you have more that you want to store. Here is a link showing all the ways to get photos into Revel:

FAQ: How do I add (upload) files to Revel?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1162795?tstart=0

Pattie

• 2. Re: Files Transferred to Revel..Why?
            Pattie F Employee Moderator

Ronnie- 

Here is the what and why answer you asked about.  I forgot to add it to my last post:

Revel is a photo sharing and cloud storage app that is based on a modern technology platform and was designed from its inception to employ new technologies. Revel was designed to address the changing needs introduced by the new multi-device world we now live in and has a focus on archiving, organization, and sharing across devices.  It is currently available for Mac and iOS, as well as on the web at  Adoberevel.com.  It keeps your photos organized in libraries and albums within Revel. If you choose, you can use the editing tools in the Revel apps to make quick changes to your photos. You can also share albums privately on AdobeRevel.com by emailing a link, or share chosen photos publicly on your favorite social networks. Photos in Revel are automatically synced across all your devices, so you always have access to your latest photos no matter where you are or what device you happen to be using. You can use the free version of Revel or upgrade to Revel Premium to receive unlimited uploads.

Because a decision was made and announced several months ago to discontinue Photoshop.com sharing and cloud storage, we gave users the option to have their photos copied to Revel (another cloud storage and sharing service) rather than having all of their efforts deleted. Users who had files on Adobe Photoshop.com Sharing and storage cloud site who did not opt out, had their files copied to Adobe Revel (another Adobe cloud sharing and storage service).

The option to have their files migrated to Revel was given as a convenience to users so that they did not have to go to the effort of downloading from the one site and uploading to another, since that can be very time consuming. Revel is a free account that you login to with the same credentials as you did on Photoshop.com. Although Revel is not a replacement for Photoshop.com (it has more of a focus on sharing between devices), it is an alternative.

Pattie

1 person found this helpful