8 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2016 5:52 AM by Ravi vazirani

How Do I Restore the Corresponding Audio (or video) to a Clip on the Timeline?

cscooper2013 Level 2

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm not sure how to phrase it for search:

This is a daily occurrence.  As I go along editing, I inevitably come upon some video clip (or audio clip) on my timeline that is missing it's original audio (or video) counterpart.  I've previously deleted the audio portion (or video) at some point earlier in the edit, when it made sense to do so.  Now, though, I change my mind, or I need to hear the audio to sync other clips, or just hear the audio for reference, etc.

How do I bring back the corresponding media?  I love the new "Join Through Edits" command in Premiere Pro CC, it seems that a companion feature would be something like "Restore Original Linked Audio / Video"

Match Frame seems close to what I need, but involves a few more steps than a right-click, or keyboard shortcut (maybe I don't properly understand how it works).  Does any command exist that would do what I'm needing?  I can't imagine I'm the only one who would need this function DAILY.