2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2013 1:37 PM by Mboulet222

Cannot inspect the contents of an iframe

Mboulet222

I'm developing a Facebook app and would like to be able to view the content's of FB's iframe ( My app ) through Edge Inspect. When I inspect the code on my iPad I'm able to get all the way down to the iframe but cannot see its contents. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Thank, You

• 1. Re: Cannot inspect the contents of an iframe
          Mark_Rausch Adobe Employee

What do you have in the iFrame? Is it a different page/URL?

If so, that would cause the issue because weinre works like this:

1. We inject a javascript snippet into the page you're viewing with Edge Inspect
          2. That snippet loads some weinre javascript methods that instrument your page and send the data to the weinre server
          3. Edge Inspect connects you to the weinre server and you view the data uploaded to the server from your page

If that's the case you might be able to get it working by modifying your other URL and placing the same javascript snippet into it. But that would mean you'd be trying to inspect two different pages at once. I'm really not clear on how that would work.

You might want to try asking your question of Patrick Mueller on the weinre forums https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/weinre

Let me if I can help any further,

Mark

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Cannot inspect the contents of an iframe
            Mboulet222 Level 1

Yes. Facebook is loading our app from a different domain into the iframe. I was able to figure out a way to get around the iframe issue by viewing our app directly in a browser without all the Facebook page dressings. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help,

Mike