1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 29, 2013 11:48 AM by martyriemer1

New NVIDIA Performance Driver

RacerX2oo3 Level 1

I've had a few end users contact me regarding the new NVIDIA Quadro Performance driver posted on the NVIDIA drivers webpage, asking whether they should switch to this driver or not. This driver helps resolve a performance issue which may be experienced using certain Lumetri Deep Color Engine effects. The NVIDIA team found that some of the implementations of the Lumetri effects were targeting the GPU in a non-optimal way.  NVIDIA's software team has been working with their counterparts at Adobe to determine the best way to fix this in a future product update.  In the meantime Windows based Quadro customers can download driver version 320.27 http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-tesla-grid-win8-win7-64bit-320.27-whql-driver.html which utilizes a fix in the graphics driver to work around the issue. 

Most users will probably never notice the difference unless they are specifically running performance metrics on the Lumetri effects, but the performance driver can offer up to 20-50% performance gains in the affected areas.  Of course actual performance will vary based on the specific project, footage, and effects used.

If anyone has any question on the performance driver, I'll do my best to help answer them.    

Sean Kilbride

Senior Technical Marketing Manager

NVIDIA