11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 1:16 PM by DMH79

The thread for bad things about Premiere CC

Biggles Lamb Level 3

In the interests of fair comparison we have a thread about the good things, so what are the bad things

Harm over too you

Col

• 1. Re: The thread for bad things about Premiere CC
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Looking at only those things that changed from CS6:

Rectified waveform as default.  (Thank God you can change it)

Negative colors on waveform display.  The background should be lighter and the waveform darker.

Clip Mixer by default.  Fine to put it in there for the FCP crowd Adobe is catering to, but significantly less useful than the Track mixer for general work.  Clip mixer should be the option here, not the default for the Editing workspace.

You can no longer sort assets by many of the columns on List view that previously sorted just fine.  This seems a bug.

V1 and A1 collapsed by default for new sequences.  While they can be expanded in numerous ways, I still think those two tracks should come in expanded by default.

Clip Marker navigation is back and thank you very much for that!  But it's the same shortcut as the sequence marker navigation.  They should be different.

No more Encore Chapter Marker button (or shortcut).  We now have to create a Sequence Marker and open it to change it's type.  It's not a big deal, but it is one more step that we didn't have to perform previously.  And anything that adds work is a step backwards.

Would be nice if we could see Clip Markers and Join Through Edits at the same time, instead of one or the other.

• 2. Re: The thread for bad things about Premiere CC
            cc_merchant Level 4

I have installed CC and I agree with Jim's remarks, especially about the wave forms

[Rant removed.]

• 3. Re: The thread for bad things about Premiere CC
              DMH79 Level 2

Jim Simon wrote:

No more Encore Chapter Marker button (or shortcut). 

Jim, I agree with lots of your issues. I'll add two myself below. But for the Chapter Marker...I'm pretty sure I was able to go into Keyboard Shortcuts and type "Chapter" and chapter marker came up. I set it to the letter E for Encore and ignored the previous E shortcut, but you could do anything. Now it adds a chapter marker with one click. See if this works for you.

My main two issues so far with Premiere Pro CC (I used it only for one full day but then had to leave and go back to CS6 due to issue #1):

1) The Multicam Bug. I'd elaborate but there's a whole thread to describe just how bad this bug is:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1236698?start=40&tstart=0

2) Appearance Issue: If you switch appearance to "Light Background" Premiere no longer adjusts other colors making some things disappear or be very hard to see. You basically can't see your in to out points! In CS6, working with the light background was just as optimized as the dark background. For example, with PPro CC, if you mark an in/out point on the source monitor or timeline it's light in color. Switch to light background and that color stays light and disappears into the background so you almost can't see it. In Premiere CS6 that in to out point turned light blue so you could still see it. Also, selected clips in the timeline are white and sort of blend in with the now light background. Dark background looks cool, but it can be hard on the eyes so I'd hope Adobe fixes some of these appearance issues so the light background is actually usable.

There's lots to like for sure, and I'm sure I'll have more for this list...but this was my "first impression".

• 4. Re: The thread for bad things about Premiere CC
                SteveHoeg Adobe Employee

Hey DMH79 - would you be able to attach a screenshot of the appearance issue?

• 5. Re: The thread for bad things about Premiere CC
                  DMH79 Level 2

My pleasure Steve! Here is CS6 vs. CC with a light background. Each screenshot has 3 things:

1) I marked and in and out point in the source window at top

2) I marked an in and out point on the timeline

3) I selected a clip on the timeline

Here's CS6:

Screen Shot 2013-06-28 at 10.41.53 AM.png

everything is pretty visable right? Looks good to me...

Well, here's the same set up in Premiere Pro CC:

Screen Shot 2013-06-28 at 10.43.59 AM.png

The in to out points are almost not existent and the selected clip blends in as well. Please note that you can see the selected clip better here because of the thumbnail, but if that clip was any longer or there was not thumbnail it would blend into the background.

Make sense? Any hope on fixing this one Steve?

Thx!

• 6. Re: The thread for bad things about Premiere CC
                    SteveHoeg Adobe Employee

Thanks we'll work on it!

• 7. Re: The thread for bad things about Premiere CC
                      DMH79 Level 2

SteveHoeg wrote:

Thanks we'll work on it!

Much appreciated.

• 8. Re: The thread for bad things about Premiere CC
                        Jim_Simon Level 8

I do feel this thread has value.  It's a place where the shortcomings of the new version can be discussed and possibly consensus reached about feature requests.  In order to keep things moving in that direction and to prevent the thread from devolving, please try and stay on point.  We already have the following thread in the Lounge for discussing Adobe's policies on the subscription model.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1205851?tstart=0

• 9. Re: The thread for bad things about Premiere CC
                          Jim_Simon Level 8

go into Keyboard Shortcuts and type "Chapter" and chapter marker came up.

Thanks.  I did miss that.

• 10. Re: The thread for bad things about Premiere CC
                            koa@juno.com Level 1

Oh boy... somebody took a bite off the apple in deciding that disk media is dead. I deleted Encore CS6 from my machine to make way for CC7. Unbeknownst to me the app has disappeared... No more dynamic link, no more En . Not cool. Not cool at all. Anyone know how to get it back ?

• 11. Re: The thread for bad things about Premiere CC
                              DMH79 Level 2

koa@juno.com wrote:

Oh boy... somebody took a bite off the apple in deciding that disk media is dead. I deleted Encore CS6 from my machine to make way for CC7. Unbeknownst to me the app has disappeared... No more dynamic link, no more En . Not cool. Not cool at all. Anyone know how to get it back ?

I know. That bites, huh. I think it's like saying "we're not gonna allow you to edit anything but 4k footage on Premiere now." WAY too soon. Fortunately, to get it back, it's not hard...see this thread: http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html