5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 2:51 AM by rob_ashcroft

CS6 requires Creative Cloud subscription

Warren Pearce Level 1

I’ve been an Adobe user for more than 20 years and have been using Photoshop and Lightroom for many years. I currently have 2 copies of CS6 and 2 copies Lightroom 5 properly installed on 2 home computers.

I have heard that purchasing Photoshop requires the user to also subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud that includes a monthly fee. This new process will not allow a person to purchase Photoshop for use on their home computer without also subscribing to the Adobe Creative Cloud with its monthly fee.

It is very reasonable to charge a periodic fee for a person to use the Adobe Creative Cloud as it is an Adobe managed network system. It is NOT REASONABLE to require a person to pay a monthly fee to use Photoshop on their home computer if they never access the Adobe Creative Cloud.

If this policy of requiring a monthly fee to use Photoshop on my home computer without using the Adobe Creative Cloud is implemented, I will no longer be an Adobe customer. I hope that Adobe will not require all users of Photoshop to subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud.