5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 1:58 PM by Eman Fu

PayPal

David Lefevere

How come PayPal works just fine for some respondents but not for others? Both Visa and AmEx having problems

• 1. Re: PayPal
          Eman Fu Adobe Employee

Hi,

Each respondent has different financial status. Even each credit card belonging to the same respondent could be different. PayPal will deteremine if it will allow the transaction based on the credit card's current balance, credit limit, and security risk level, etc.If PayPal thinks it is too risky to approve a transaction for a credit card, it will decline the transaction.

Are you trying to make payments or you are a form author who would like to collect money with your form? If you can let me know the specific time when a payment failed and the amount you tried to pay, I can try to see why the transaction failed.

Thanks,

Eman Fu

Senior Computer Scientist

Adobe Systems Incorporated

• 2. Re: PayPal
            David Lefevere Level 1

Thank you for your response.

I am the author of the Form trying to collect registration fees for a seminar.

Here are the failed attempts.

June 27th 2013 at 11:13 am for $525.00 by Amy Lopez

June 27th 2013 at 11:39 am for $525.00 by Amy Lopez

June 27th 2013 at 4:30 pm for $525.00 by James Toole

June 27th 2013 at 4:38 pm for $525.00 by James Toole

If you can let me know why these transactions failed.  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

David LeFevere

• 3. Re: PayPal
              Eman Fu Adobe Employee

Hi David,

Could you let me know what time zone is it for the time you indicated above?

Thanks,

Eman Fu

• 4. Re: PayPal
                David Lefevere Level 1

Eman

Minnesota CST.

Thank you

David LeFevere

• 5. Re: PayPal
                  Eman Fu Adobe Employee

Hi David,

Is your paypal account jerry@mea...co (I omiited some characters fo ryour protection)? If yes, I have found something that match the above transactions.

1. June 27th 2013 at 11:13 am for $525.00 by Amy Lopez

For this transaction, the user initiated the payment, but she has never been redirected back to Adobe FormsCentral server.

2. June 27th 2013 at 11:39 am for $525.00 by Amy Lopez

For this transaction, the user initiated the payment, but she cancelled the transaction when she was in PayPal’s payment page.

3. June 27th 2013 at 4:30 pm for $525.00 by James Toole

For this transaction, the user initiated the payment, but he has never been redirected back to Adobe FormsCentral server.

4. June 27th 2013 at 4:38 pm for $525.00 by James Toole

For this transaction, the user initiated the payment, but he has never been redirected back to Adobe FormsCentral server.

There could be a bunch of reasons for #1, 33 and #4. The user might just close the browser before the transaction was done, or the payment method he chose in the PayPal page was immediately declined by PayPal. Since we cannot see any PayPal logs, we don’t know why the users’ transaction got aborted before they were redirected back to FormsCentral.

Maybe you can contact the users to ask what they encountered when they checked out the form to get more information.

Thanks,

Eman Fu