5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 4:17 PM by Pattie F

How long will it be until Revel will be usable on Microsoft?

dpjsdurham

I can't believe that I will not be able to use my computer to view my photos on my computer. I usually hook my computer to my big screen TV to show my pictures to others.

• 1. Re: How long will it be until Revel will be usable on Microsoft?
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

Hi Pam-

You can still use revel on your pc since we have a web browser version at adoberevel.com.

Although there is not an app for windows yet, there is a browser version of Revel that you can use on a pc. Simply login to adoberevel.com and login using your adobe id (or google or facebook) and you can begin uploading and sharing photos. The apps for iOS and Mac have the added cabability of editing, but on a pc you can use a separate program of your choice or even use photoshop.com's Photoshop Express Editor and save the files to your PC, and then upload them to Revel. Here are some links to help you:

Pattie

FAQ: How do I share my photos in Revel?
          http://forums.adobe.com/message/5092831#5092831

UPLOAD
          FAQ: How do I add (upload) files to Revel?
          http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1162795?tstart=0

• 2. Re: How long will it be until Revel will be usable on Microsoft?
            dpjsdurham Level 1

Pattie,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I am still confused, but you have given me some hope. I just loved what I had and then I got so excited about being able to access my pictures on my phone and my IPad. Then when I found out or thought I understood we had to wait for months for it to be useable on MIcrosoft I was diappointed again. I still am wondering if I should pay the monthly fee so I can upload more than 50 photos or look for something else???? I just don't know.

Pam

• 3. Re: How long will it be until Revel will be usable on Microsoft?

I suggest logging in and taking a look around the program. Create an album, drag and drop a few photos into it. Share the album with someone. Then you will have a good idea how it works. You can read the links above to figure out how to do it. After that, you will have an idea if you want to put more than 50 photos in a month, and you can subscribe if you choose.

Pattie

• 4. Re: How long will it be until Revel will be usable on Microsoft?
                dpjsdurham Level 1

I just went there on my computer to look around.I am pleased that I can see them on my computer. What will be different when they do say it is available in Microsoft?  Do you know if Revel will ever have the timeline where we were able to go to a specific year and month and pull up those pictures? That was so nice. now it looks like I just have to go through all 7000 pictures looking for certain date. Do I understand that at sometime I will be able to label or tag pictures? For example before I was able to tag all the pictures of my son and click on that tag and it would show me all those pictures or tag all my trip to Disney World and it would pull up just those pictures. Is there a place that tells me how many pictures are there in all like it did before?

Thanks for being so kind and patient with me.

Pam

• 5. Re: How long will it be until Revel will be usable on Microsoft?

The app will include editing ability. Revel is not the same as Photoshop.com since they existed at the same time and Revel was not designed as a replacement. It was offered as an alternative since Photoshop.com was closing. We realize these users have some features that they (you) are used to and are therefore planning many feature upgrades to Revel moving forward. These include releasing Revel apps for other platforms, supporting other file types, keyword tags, etc. We have had several different suggestions for sorting that we are considering as well.

I would love to know which items are most important to you and how you would use them.

Thanks-

Pattie