2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 2:33 PM by johnnyslice

Time Remapping and Video Stabilization Simultaneously

johnnyslice Level 1

Are you kidding me.  I found complicated help and work arounds that would help me to speed up and stabilize a video clip, however, the embarrasing discovery is that a Macintosh proprietary software that comes standard with each Apple computer purchase (Imovie), has a stabilizater and time remapper that works seamlessly.  It was so simple, I can't believe that Adobe hasn't figure that out yet. Waisted 4 hours trying figure out what I accomplished in 5 with Imovie.  Like Whoa!

• 1. Re: Time Remapping and Video Stabilization Simultaneously
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The CC warp stabilizer works way better than iMovie's, has many more options, and will stabilize shots that iMovie can't deal with effectively.

The proper production workflow is to stabilize, render or pre-compose and then time remap. You can do all of this without the render by simply applying warp stabilize to a layer, pre-composing the layer, then applying time remapping to the pre-comp.

The solution to something not working when you try and apply multiple effects to a single layer is almost always apply the first effect (warp stabilizer) and then pre-compose and apply the other effects. That's how you apply a mask or an effect to a ray traced 3D layer. That's how you stabilize and time remap.

• 2. Re: Time Remapping and Video Stabilization Simultaneously
            johnnyslice Level 1

Thanks,  Your explanation would have saved me a lot of time. Thanks again.