On further investigation I've found the playhead only becomes sticky when the multi camera monitor is selected. it can take a couple of seconds to forever to stop after pressing the space bar, or the same amount of time to change camera's after selecting a different one.
OK ... I pursued this problem and here is what I did:
The project is a play, shot with 3 cameras, camera 1 recorded sound from the house board (L=Track, R=Vocals), the other 2 recorded ambient stereo sound.
After creating a multi camera sequence, Source and target; I deleted the audio from the target sequence and copy/pasted all 3 pairs of audio tracks from the source sequence to the target sequence.
That way I can change the audio levels of each track in the same sequence as the multi camera video layer. Whick worked perfectly in CS6
Everything worked perfectly. UNTIL: I expanded the all six audio tracks at the same time by pressing "shift" and draging to expand the tracks.
Now the playhead starts, but does not want to stop, or when selecting different cameras in the multi camera monitor; it delays changing the selection.
ALSO; the "audio track mixer" froze.
SOLUTION: Expand the audio tracks one at a time instead of all together: Now everything works perfectly. I know!!! crazy, but it's true.
After closing and opening the project I did experience that "starting from the beginning of the clip" syndrome but it corrected itself after placing the playhead at the beginning of the project.
I hope this helps in fixing the multi camera BUG in CC7
PS:to avoid confusion!! when I say expand the audio tracks one at a time; I mean expand ALL the audio tracks, but one at a time untill they are ALL expanded.
Finally experienced the multi camera edit bug I've been hearing about: thinking everything was good after editing for a couple of three days ... got a premiere "error warning" after reopening the project I found the last 183 edits which had been auto saving for 1 hr 20 mins, now all start from the beginning of the original clip or are just black and are not fixable. Each edit is now a small clip of a duration of the distance between edit points, almost like the clips had been pulled out of the preview folder as little rendered clips, except they all contain junk.
The good news is: This is a two act play, the first act in a seperate sequence in the same project is fine. the first 16 mins of act two is fine, the next 20 mins of act 2 is screwed up. Only had another 15 mins to go and I was done. I'm going to see if I can continue. try to save all the audio editing. The screwed up edits at least mark the edit points. I'll move them to a different layer and use them as a guide to my edit discisions. I'll post what happens.
interesting ... tried to do the above ... while in the program monitor it seemed to be working ... after switching to the multi cam monitor it went right back to the "begining of the clip" syndrome. I hope I havn't lost the entire project. I'll try going back to the last "good" saved project
OK. went back to the last good auto saved project (9 saves back) and just continued on from B4 it got messed up ... saving frequently and re-opening the project after every segment. now I'm back to where it all got screwed up. Yay!!! Phew!!! could have been worse I guess. I'll be editing my next project in CS6 for sure. I think CC7 should be recalled. It's just a disaster waiting to happen.