5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2007 11:21 AM by ebelair

How to remove watermark in AdvancedDataGrid

dnii
      When I run an application with the new AdvancedDataGrid control it displays a watermark reading: "Flex Data Visualization Trial".
      How can I remove that watermark?

Thanks,
      Dan
        • 1. Re: How to remove watermark in AdvancedDataGrid
          ebelair Level 1
          Which version of Flex Builder are you using?

If you are using FB3 Beta 2, you are out of luck. You will have to do what I did, and uninstall it, and then reinstall FB3 Beta 1, which I still prefer (less issues).

• 2. Re: How to remove watermark in AdvancedDataGrid
            dnii Level 1
            I was able to get the watermark to disappear after doing the following (I am using FB3 beta2):

1. I checked the license.properties file for the sdk that FB3 Beta 2 is using to check if my FB2 license keys have been properly registered. Mine were there but the watermark would still show.

2. I edited the license.properties file to reset the "firstLaunch" property to false to force the re-entry of the license numbers. Launched FB3, entered my FB2 license keys (I believe you need the Charting license key for the AdvancedDataGrid control). Watermark still showed.

3. I did a couple of FB3 exits and re-launches but the watermark was persistent. So I decided to move on to something else when I noticed that somewhere along the line the watermark had disappeared. There might have been a reboot along the line as well.

Sorry, for not catching what exactly did the trick but this might be enough information to help you get rid of the watermark as well...

Dan
            • 3. Re: How to remove watermark in AdvancedDataGrid
              ebelair Level 1
              Thanks. I'm gonna continue using FB3 Beta 1 until it runs out. I voted for your Bug - hopefully it gets resolved.
              • 4. Re: How to remove watermark in AdvancedDataGrid
                Gerry McLarnon-yutukg
                Hi,

I got rid of the watermark by editing the license.properties file to force the re-entry of the license numbers as you suggested. I then rebuilt my application and the watermark was gone.

Cheers, Gerry
                • 5. Re: How to remove watermark in AdvancedDataGrid
                  ebelair Level 1
                  Well, I just reinstalled FB3 Beta 2, and I have no watermarks - on the first try. Odd how it keeps changing. But I'm actually liking Beta 2 this time around, now that I've written better code that doesn't rely on features only available in Beta 1.