4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2013 10:09 AM by JumpMediaJules

Over matter

JumpMediaJules

How does one select the over matter, to delete it

• 1. Re: Over matter
          Michael Gianino Level 4

JumpMediaJules wrote:

…over matter…

Can you define that term? If you mean overset text (when the text frame is too small to contain all of the text), In Mac OS you can tap the End key while holding Shift and Command. In Windows, it might be shift and Control. All text from the insertion point of the cursor to the end of the story will be selected. I'm not sure how to do it if you don't have an End key.

• 2. Re: Over matter
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If you want to see the overset text before deleting it blindly, open the Story Editor.

If you really mean how do you get the overset text into another frame, use the selection tool to click the red Plus sign in the outport of the current text frame, then either click and release inside an existing empty frame to use it, click and drag a new frame, or click and release in an empty spot to let ID create a ne frame based on the margin and column guides. If you are not using the Primary Text Frame (and you probably wouldn't be seeing overset text if you were) holding down the Shift key while you do this will insure that ID uses all the text, creating new frames and pages as required. Your text will be threaded as one story through any frames created this way so it can re-flow as you edit.

• 3. Re: Over matter
              JumpMediaJules Level 1

Thank you.. my laptop doesn't have an end key - so I worked it out, it's shiftaltfn+right arrow.

Jules

• 4. Re: Over matter
                JumpMediaJules Level 1

Thank you.. my laptop doesn't have an end key - so I worked it out, it's shiftaltfn+right arrow.

Jules

Michael Gianino wrote

Can you define that term? If you mean overset text (when the text frame is too small to contain all of the text), you can tap the End key while holding Shift and Command. All text from the insertion point of the cursor to the end of the story will be selected.