2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2013 9:57 AM by the_wine_snob

How do I activate my product?  How do I get real support?

R083RT2

I re-downloaded my product from Adobe "my downloads" page.  I'm also using the same serial number as displayed on the download page.
      BUT I get this erroe message... "This serial number is not valid for this product"

Now what?

I tried Adobe's live chat but this is what happen...

Suman: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.

Suman: Hi Robert.

Suman: I have received your query. Please allow me a moment to verify your account and to review the details of your request.

Robert: hihi

Suman: Thank you for being online.

Suman: I understand that you are unable to install the product due to serial number issue. Am I correct?

Robert: Yes

Suman: Thank you for confirming.

Suman: I would be glad to help you with this.

Robert: I just downloaded and installed Adobe Premier from my Adobe account

Suman: Could you please provide me the serial number of the product to check and assist you better?

Robert: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (not showing this on public forum)

Robert: I got it from my account's download page. It's right next to the same link I used to download the product I am using the serial number on

Suman: Thank you.

Suman: I see that the serial number you have provided is invalid. You have already returned the product.

Robert: "You have already returned the product." ???

Robert: I own the product and just downloaded it from my downloads at Adobe.com

You are not currently connected to a chat representative.

You are not currently connected to a chat representative.

• 1. Re: How do I activate my product?  How do I get real support?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sorry, nobody at this user to user forum is going to be help with a serial number activation issue... that is only Adobe

You are going to have to go back to Adobe for this

Help for Download & Install & Setup & Activation

http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

Chat http://www.adobe.com/support/download-install/supportinfo/

-or http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

• 2. Re: How do I activate my product?  How do I get real support?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As John T correctly states, this is a User to User forum. There is rarely any Adobe presence here, and when there is, the Adobe Staff member responding is a software engineer with the Premiere Elements Team, and not a Customer Support person. That means that they know the code in the program (likely wrote part of it), but that beyond the inner-workings of the program, have no direct contact with Customer Support, which might be in a different country, from the development/engineering office.

That line about "returning the software" is a puzzle, as you seem surprised by that reply.

I would reconstruct the events around your purchase of Premiere Elements:

• Did you purchase directly from Adobe, or from a certified reseller?
            • It seems, from the other comments, that you purchased a download version of PrE. Is that correct?
            • As Adobe offers a 30 day, money-back guarantee with their software, did you ask to return the product within 30 days of purchase?
            • If so, was your credit card credited for that "return?"
            • Do you still have the invoice for the software, or a copy (digital or physical) for that purchase?
            • Do you still have your credit card statement for that purchase?
            • At Adobe.com, when logged-in with your Adobe ID, do you see the purchase of PrE in your software tab?
            • Is that where you attempted to download and install PrE from?

Armed with the answers to those questions, I would contact Adobe Customer Support, and probably via telephone, and discuss your issue with the support representative.

Good luck,

Hunt