6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2013 6:01 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I combine project chapters in to one

Mr.Jim Fay Level 1

How do I combine project chapters in to one

• 1. Re: How do I combine project chapters in to one
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can you describe your situation in a little more detail, Jim?

What form are these "project chapters" in?

Combining any two clips is as simple as placing them on the timeline and then outputting the result.

• 2. Re: How do I combine project chapters in to one
            Mr.Jim Fay Level 1

I have videos with separate chapters on my computer.

I want to burn them on a Blu-Ray disc. I was told

that unless the disc is RW I will be able to burn one

chapter only. So I want to combine all my chapter's

so I can put them on one disc.

Thanks

JF

• 3. Re: How do I combine project chapters in to one
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Whether or not your disc is RW, you can burn a BluRay with one or as many chapters as you want.

Are we using the word "chapters" the same way, Jim? What do you consider a chapter?

I'm referring to individual scenes that you can link directly to from the main menu. And a disc can have up to 25 of them.

• 4. Re: How do I combine project chapters in to one
                Mr.Jim Fay Level 1

Steve;

I purchased a LG BE14U40 external Blu-ray burner. I have two chapters in

my saved projects.  I burned my 1st chapter onto a blue -ray disc and it

burned on great. I played it on my Blu-ray player and the picture was fantastic.

However when I go to burn on my 2nd chapter premier elements shows disk is

not blank. So I clicked on properties and it showed plenty of available space.

The program will not let me burn my 2nd chapter onto the Blu-ray disc.

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim 

• 5. Re: How do I combine project chapters in to one
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Jim,

An authored BD (Blu-ray Disc), is not a multi-session disc. Each session closes the disc, so no more material  can be written to it.

To combine your two Chapters, you will want to do that in PrE, in a new Project, then author/burn that combined Project to another BD.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: How do I combine project chapters in to one
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Mr. Jim Fay

In accord with what Hunt has said, the BD-R is not a multi-session disc in the Premiere Elements Blu-ray burn to. The disc is finalized. Premiere Elements will allow you to use a BD-RE that has been written to, but it overwrites all that is on the disc already before it encodes to the new Blu-ray disc format on the Blu-ray disc.

As far as I have ever heard, the Blu-ray disc can have only on BDMV Folder per Blu-ray disc in the Blu-ray Disc Format on Blu-ray Disc. Similarly for DVD-VIDEO with its structural component of the VIDEO_TS Folder, there can be but one VIDEO_TS Folder on the DVD-VIDEO Format on that one DVD disc.

These situations are not unique to Premiere Elements and go the basics of the formats.

Does your presentation of your videos require Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc? What does your Blu-ray player support for playback? I am wondering if you might export your Timeline to a AVCHD file and then transfer that to a media type (USB 2.0 Flash Drive) that you Blu-ray player supports.

Just some thoughts.

ATR