4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2015 4:59 AM by ShaolinWood

Why are my masks out of sync in final export?

ninevalleys

I have been attempting to export out a final version of a project and have found that some of my masks are not lining up.

When I Re-check the composition the masks are fine and line up.

Here is an example:

EXPORT

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9qavqspjp4b1a1/RENDER_MEv10_00644.png

COMP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/il3ktf4rpzj5iee/Screen%20Shot%202013-06-30%20at%205.08.02%20PM.p ng

I have done the following to try figure this out (nothing hs worked)

- Preserved frame rates in comp settings

- checked everything is the same frame rate (25fps)

- baked the mask (key everyframe)

Does anyone know how to solve this ?

Cheers Pie

• 1. Re: Why are my masks out of sync in final export?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Interesting pictures but they tell us absolutely nothing about your project. We need a screenshot of the timeline, maybe a flow chart, and a description of what you were doing. This is like trying to figure out why your car wont start when we don't have the keys and we can't look under the hood.

• 2. Re: Why are my masks out of sync in final export?
            ninevalleys Level 1

Howdy, I fixes this by using a track mat on the reverse side of the mask.

As far as I could deduce, on the final export the frame rate was un syncing.

This is odd due to there being no time remap and both frame rates were the same.

After the project has been signed off by the client and goes live I will revisit this and see if we can deduce an actual fix to make the masks work correctly.

• 3. Re: Why are my masks out of sync in final export?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If it works in the composition at full rez then you may have a disk cache problem. Update AE, Turn off Disk Cache, and purge everything.

Try rendering from Adobe Media Encoder.

You still haven't lifted the hood. I have almost know idea how you set up the comp, where the footage comes from, or what you are doing that could cause this very odd behavior. This looks more like a transfer or layer order problem than a frame rate problem. This could be caused by 3D layer order, an adjustment layer, or a bunch of other things. It could even have something do to with open GL rendering. Once again, very little information about a project results in very little help.

• 4. Re: Why are my masks out of sync in final export?
                ShaolinWood Level 1

I also have this issue. I have a main comp with many shots in the main timeline. Each of these shots contain a live action plate and many adjustment layers and animation layers that interacts with the live action footage.

There's also a number of solids that have animated masks to create mattes for certain objects in the footage. These are rotoscoped frame-by-frame to obviously synch with the footage. They are spot on in the pre-comp but if I return to the main comp they shift.

So the masks inside the precomp are not showing up in synch with the footage (in the same precomp!!)

Yes my comps are all 30fps. I checked and double checked that. I tried purging the data (but we all know that Adobe never got that right... so not doing anything)

This is weird. And I never had this before. Anyone found a fix? Is this a glitch in the software??

My footage is all ProRes 422HQ at 1080p. The same as my comp.