3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2013 6:16 PM by John T Smith

iPhone 5 sound desynch/interlacing issues?

Sacksteady

Hey, I've been using premiere's editing aspects for some time now, and as far as that goes, I've had few problems.  However, today, when importing a file from my iphone to premiere, the sound desynches entirely halfway through, and a final render ends up giving me interlacing issues.  I rarely use the mov files from the iphone, but any others I've done before have never had this issue.  I'm not quite as familiar with the clip settings that I've been reading about, but I would like to know what the best suggestions are to alleviating this issue.  I'm not tremendously tech savvy with these things, but I suppose I need to learn.  Any advice would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: iPhone 5 sound desynch/interlacing issues?
          cc_merchant Level 4

Use a hammer to drive in nails,

use a phone to make phone calls,

use a video camera to record video

use Premiere Pro to edit professional video.

Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast-beef.

iPhone and i-Crap use variable frame rates that causes problems, sync among them. Use some Apple i-Crap application to edit iPhone material, not a Pro oriented application.

• 2. Re: iPhone 5 sound desynch/interlacing issues?
            Sacksteady Level 1

As much as it solves the problem to hear the opinion of someone that I've never heard of, it seems as if this would be a great forum to come to when I'd actually like some input towards resolve. I'm not a professional, and I'm fine with that. I just make silly YouTube stuff normally with a video capture device and a webcam, and in this case, I'm using an iPhone.  It uploads just fine, it plays on a compuer just fine, but in premiere, I have issues with this file in particular, not files from the past. 

I'm extremely excited by the fact that you hate what I'm doing, but I'd suggest not choosing to waste any more of your own time by copying and pasting opinions from other threads.  If you have something productive to help with, that would be incredible, but it's nothing new to hear that my problems can be solved by your opinion on a company.

Anyone else have input that might actually be worth reading?

• 3. Re: iPhone 5 sound desynch/interlacing issues?
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Iphone won't edit easily because it uses a variable frame rate

- A fix in message #22 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/934466

1 person found this helpful