2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 9:02 AM by Moncoeur

InDesign CC crashes during export

Moncoeur Level 1

I'm trying to export to PDF, but InDesign CD crashes every time. I tried uninstalled and reinstalling the software, but that didn't help. I'm running Win 7.

• 1. Re: InDesign CC crashes during export
          Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Reinstalling the software is redundant for most types of issues. It shouldn't be done unless a last resort.

For troubleshooting a problem like this it is best to find out what is causing the crash. You can determine this by

Export the book in halves until you find the problem, i.e., in a 250 page book I'd export pages 1-125, then if it doesnt' crash then I'd try exporting page 126-250.

It might crash on both ends. If it does - then export 1-65, then 66-125 etc. until you find the problematic page.

Keep halving each section until you've come to the page(s) that are causing the crash.

When you determine these - then move half the objects off the page and try exporting again - and keep havling the objects by moving them to the pasteboard until you're left what's causing it.

Usually it's an image - or you may need to create new text frames (note do not copy anything and redo them - create them from scratch.

Another way

Also for a problem like this you could export the file to IDML which can clear some problems within files.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/indesign/cs/using/WSa285fff53dea4f8617383751001ea8cb3f-6d52a.h tml

• 2. Re: InDesign CC crashes during export
            Moncoeur Level 1

Thanks! Exporting as an IDML file first, helped. I was able to open that file and export as a PDF.