13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2014 9:38 AM by MarieRose_75 RSS

DVA Color Themes V2 Error

mentor972

This is the third time this week that I've had to re-instal After Effects and about to be the fourth.

I get this "DVA Color Themes V2" error and then After Effects won't open. Not only does this keep happening, but it's happening with 2 different CC acounts on 2 different Mac Pros.

Once I uninstall (clean) After Effects, then Creative Cloud desktop says it will no longer work on this system. It says "click here" to install the newest version. It takes me to a webpage that says, "click here" to install CC Desktop.

When I click on that, it tries to open the existing CC desktop again. So I run the CC Cleaner and uninstall CC desktop.

Once that's all done, I click on the website again to install CC desktop. The browser says "Can't connect to" aas://jhfdsahifdhsuailfhduisla .... (Paraphrasing)

I restart the system. Install CC Desktop, Install After Effects. After I waste an hour on all that it works for about a day. Then it happens again. It can't be just me since it's on multiple systems, but nobody is having this issue upon a Google search. Please help! I'm so tired of this intall/reinstall/uninstall process.

• 1. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error
          Rick Gerard CommunityMVP

OS? That's a crucial part of the solution. Are other CC apps loading? Without knowing what kind of a system you have we are just blindly shooting in the dark.

• 2. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error
            mentor972 Community Member

Well, I mentioned it's a Mac... so OSX. If you want to know the specific OS it's Mountain Lion. No other CC apps are having this issue.

• 3. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error

Just happened again. Was working on a project and installed Acrobat so I could open a PDF. After the install, After Effects crashed. Won't open anymore. Get the same error.

This is now the third Mac this has happened on. 5th re-install of AE this week.

• 4. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error

And once again, after this Creative Cloud Desktop fails and says it can no longer run. Install a new version.

• 5. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error

Same error today. Closed AE. Got lunch. Came back and it wouldn't open. Installing for the 6th time this week. Hey ADOBE! Are you looking at this? I tweeted you and you said there would be people here to answer my questions.

• 6. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error
                    Rick Gerard CommunityMVP

I'm running CC on 4 macs, 3 are new 1 is old, the entire suite is installed. No problems like you are describing. I think there must be something else on your system that is causing the conflict.

• 7. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error

I would agree if this were happening on one machine only, but it's not. 2 different MacPros

• 8. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error

My theory at this point is it's a permissions issue with the DVAcolorthemesV2.xml file.

The only proplem is that I can't find it anywhere. A search of the system turns up nothing. Where is this file located on the Mac OS? Library? Application Support? One of the package contents of one of the Adobe programs?

• 9. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error

Spent 3 hours on the phone with tech support. They said it was permissions. We repaired all permissions and reinstalled. Before hand I uninstalled EVERYTHING. ALL CS5, 6, and CC apps. Ran the Cleaner. EVERYTHING.

Reinstalled the software and 2 days later here I am again. Reinstalling After Effects CC for the 8th time. Really need help from Adobe at this point. What the hell is DVAColorThemesV2?

• 10. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error
                            CoSA_DaveS Adobe Employee

I agree with Rick, it sounds like something installed on (all of) your machines is conflicting with AE. Are you using any 3rd party plug-ins? Can you post a screen shot of the error dialog, and also take a sample using Activity Monitor while the error is up? (in Activity Monitor, double-click on the AE process, then click the Sample button in the lower left corner)

• 11. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error
                              Todd_Kopriva Adobe Employee

I've seen an instance of a third-party script interacting with the color theme file in a bad and odd way. So, when you're asnwering Dave's question about third-party extensions, consider scripts as well as plug-ins.

• 12. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error
                                markvolovoi

Yeah, I got some pretty bad problems also. I have used AE on an external drive (my OS drive is 64 gigs :O) and I also have Plexus. Plexus is not working, so I just un-installed it anyways. I still get the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. HELP!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 13. Re: DVA Color Themes V2 Error
                                  MarieRose_75

Idem pour moi , heureusement que j'ai After Effects CC . Que ce passe-t-il ?

Une mise à jour à attendre ?

Je suis sur OX 10.7.5 , merci si vous avez des solutions car au prix des logiciels et en sachant que c'est qu'une location cela mérite que l'on se penche sérieusement à ce problème qui me parait comme même étendu ...

Capture d’écran 2014-09-18 à 11.45.31.png

Aujourd'hui , je viens de faire la mise à jour d'After Effects , j'avais l'espoir que le problème serait résolu .

Hélas , à ce jour , toujours le même problème .

Et je remarque qu'il n'y à pas de réponse à ce problème .

Que ce passe t-il ?

Pourtant comme je disais , j'ai toute les versions After Effects et elles marchent ...

Et tout sur le même ordi Mac Pro