2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 4:25 PM by John T Smith

How do I collect and organize files into a new folder without breaking the links to my media?

ASG.77 Level 1

I'm new to premiere pro, and learned that I probably should have figured out where to organize all of my files from the beginning, but in the post production phase, I have a bunch of audio and image files sitting all over my desktop, and I'm afraid that if I move them, I'll break the links to all of my media. Files I edited in CS6 Photoshop and Audition are of special concern (considering they get automatically routed to my desktop).

Does anyone know how I can collect all of the files and media that were imported into my project, and and archive them into a folder without breaking the project's links to the original media? Perhaps there's a way to copy all of the files and move them into that folder, so that when I move the originals, I'll still maintain all of the links in the copied version?

I tried using the project manager tool, but received an "unknown error message" each time I ran it. 

Any organizational insight would be much appreciated!