• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter and Video Creator Crashes - Webcam issues? USB? Video board config? HELP!

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I´ve been having this issue since Adobe Presenter 8. Then, with 8.1...and now with Adobe Presenter 9. I have already contacted Adobe Chat Support and the problem was not solved, even after the support guy used Adobe Connect to see and control my desktop. I need help to fix this, please guys help me out.

Ok, what´s the problem?

I open Adobe Video Creator 9 (64 bits), stand-alone. My webcam turns on. I see myself, everything fine. I click REC and start recording. I finish. Playback the video I recorded and edit it. Publish it. Everything ok. I close Adobe Video Creator. Now this is the problem: if I try to open Video Creator again, stand alone, it simply does not open anymore. Nothing happens. Even if I try to open it from within Powerpoint. I choose some presentation and click RECORD on the Presenter TAB. Powerpoint goes to presentation mode but Creator does not launch, neither does my webcam. So I think to myself, I´ll restart the machine. So be it. When it´s up back again, nothing. Creator simply does not launch ANYMORE. The only way to get it back working is uninstalling it, removing preferences, and installing it back again. So, it´s just a matter of using one more time and BAM, crashes again. Uninstall, reinstall... countless times. So I have a one time only attempt to record anything...otherwise...

My desktop configuration is:

DX79SI Intel Mobo - Intel i7 3930

32 RAM - Windows 7 ultimate installed on 512 OCZ Vertex 4 ssd hd, plus 2 seagate 2Tb 7200rpm.

Webcam is Logitech C920 - Yeti USB microphone (Both are recommended by Adobe as compatible hardwares)

GTX690 Nvidia videocard with the latest nvidia Driver (320.49)

All drivers/bios are up to date. All of them.

Office 2013 professional - 32bits. (would that be the problem??? I have a Sony Vaio notebook with office 2010 and presenter works fine there).

There are other ways to make Adobe Presenter/Creator 9 crash in my desktop:

1) Open Creator and turn off the webcam using that button on/off. Try to open the webcam again....CRASH. Same problems...uninstall, reinstall...

2) Make a powerpoint recording...when finished: crash...

3) Open Creator PREFERENCES, try to change any configuration (like quality (HD/SD)) of the webcam...CRASH.

All crashes are shown with the classic "Adobe Presenter has stopped working" error.

I have already tried to connect my webcam in USB2.0 port...and USB3.0 port... nothing.

I have tried to set up Nvidia control pannel with all possible configurations regarding control over applications. Nothing.

One thing must be mentioned: After the crash, I still can record AUDIO with powerpoint, in the presenter tab. The problem regards video only.

Can somebody from Adobe...or a more experienced user help me? I need to use presenter a lot...Camtasia was simply not working for me.

My email is profcarlosmathias@gmail.com

Help me guys!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide us diagnostic log for all the crashes you have mentioned, specifiying the scenarios. Send them to vikrakum@adobe.com

To create diagnostic log, follow this -> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/presenter/using/WS16484b78be4e1542-766b36611370cc9e7b7-7ffc.html

Please try this scenario and check whether crash is reproducible:-

1) Launch and close video Creator, unplug your camera, and launch again.

Are you able to record with any other camera in your desktop?

Just to make sure, did you installed logitech camera driver from manufacturer site or CD that comes with the cam?

As you are already informed, we would like to discuss the issue in connect, but we would like to have these information beforehand.

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Presenter Engg. Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear  Vikrakum,

I opened creator, closed creator, disconnected my webcam (Logitech c920) and opened creator again.I got the crash again... I didn´t manage to relaunch creator (even after disconnecting the webcam). I have another webcam, a microsoft Lifecam Cinema. I restarted my computer, unistalled Presenter, reinstalled presenter. Connected the new webcam, tried to launch creator and CRASH. I didn´t mange to launch it even for the first time. I disconnected the webcam, unistalled presenter 9, reinstalled presenter 9, restarted the computer with my logitech c920 connected back again. Crash now in the first time trying to launch creator... So, things got worse now: I can´t even open creator, even after uninstalling and reinstalling it, removing preferences.

I tried to generate the logs, as you asked, but it always CRASHED right after I clicked YES in the popup alert about the software diagnosis mode. No log could ever been generated.

I use others programs that require my webcam and everything works fine. I can record myself with no problems at all.

All my drivers are up to date, including my logitech webcam´s (latest version downloaded from the logitech site).

What other actions I could take to solve that?

Best regards

Carlos Mathias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must tell that even Directx and Silverlight are up-to-date...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friends at Adobe and Presenter Users,

I have received a fabulous support from the Adobe Presenter Eng Team and they solved the problem I was having with Adobe Video Creator. Somehow, they analysed the crash logs and discovered that  2 vdp source dll were causing the problem. After knowing that, I figured out I had a Motorola bluetooth support installed in my computer and the dll that were causing the problem belonged to that software. This program must have been installed in my computer by another application. I don´t have a motorola mobile and don´t use any device connected via bluetooth. So I uninstalled it and Adobe Video Creator became 100% functional. I wanted to share the good news with you guys and also stress all my thanks to the support team. You rule. I hope this short testimonial help users in the future to avoid having similar problems.

Best regards to you all,

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources