3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2013 9:39 PM by Andrew Overby

Problem Saving in After Effects CS6

Andrew Overby

I am currently working on a project in After Effects CS6 that is no more than 40 seconds. Yet, when I try to save the project, After Effects will not respond. As a result, I must force quit the application and restart it. I believe it is a problem with the file because I have worked on different projects instead and they will save with no problem - ones that are much longer than 40 seconds! Not sure if it is a problem with my ram or memory, but I checked both and they all seem like they shouldn't be a result of the problem. Please help.

• 1. Re: Problem Saving in After Effects CS6
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

We need to know a lot more to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743

Be sure to include exact steps that you're taking before the problem occurs.

• 2. Re: Problem Saving in After Effects CS6
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

We need system info and exact crash details:

Working with your Operating System’s Tools

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Problem Saving in After Effects CS6
              Andrew Overby Level 1

After Effects CS6 version 11.0.2

I have installed the most recent updates.

Mac OS X Version 10.8.4

Source footage: H.264

There are no error messages.

When this problem occured was whenever I tried to save the project. I was not able to save my changes since.

I have never had a problem with it until now. All my other projects are saving correctly but this one seems to freeze up whenever I do try to save it no matter what change I have addressed.

I currently have Quicktime Player Version 10.2

I do not run any other software but Finder and/or Adobe Bridge CS6 while I am in After Effects.

I have a few plug-ins installed to After Effects but they have not affected any computer performance or created saving issues.

My computer is a MacBook Pro 13-inch, mid 2012. It has a 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 processor along with 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory/ram. It has Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB and 373.99 free gigs of space. However, I noticed that over 280 of my 750gig hard drive are videos, a majority from After Effects. It would be nice to know how to perform a disc cleanup so I could perhaps solve the problem through that option. I have no external hard drives nor are any connected.

I have no third-party hardware involved.

I am not aware that I am using OpenGL to render my clips.

This problem only occurs when saving my project on this .aep file only!

I have tried emptying my disk and audio cache which has not helped ... I hope I will not have to re-install After Effects because that is the last thing I would want to do.

Hope this information helps ... thanks guys!