2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2007 8:36 PM by codyg19

FW 2004 Exporting

Curtis_AST
      I am using FW 2004 and on my previous install on my other maching it exports fine.

I just installed it on a new computer (same operating system as the other), but when I try to export a png to an optimized jpeg I get an internal error message and it tells me the export was not done because file was not found, which is funny because it is right before me.

Any suggestions?

Curtis
        • 1. Re: FW 2004 Exporting
          Level 7
          Curtis AST wrote:

> I just installed it on a new computer (same operating system as the other),
          > but when I try to export a png to an optimized jpeg I get an internal error
          > message and it tells me the export was not done because file was not found,
          > which is funny because it is right before me.

If the PNG file was originally created on a different computer,
          Fireworks is looking in the old location for it and not finding it.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: FW 2004 Exporting
            codyg19
            I'm having the same problem as Curtis. I am using version 6 and it has always worked fine until recently. When I export, a window pops up that reads "An internal error occurred." repeated on two lines. If I click "OK," the normal export window comes up and everything looks fine. But when I click the save button, it says "Could not complete your request. The file was not found." I have tried uninstalling FW and re-installing it, but the "Internal Error" message still comes up. It only appears when I export, though. These are new images that haven't previously been saved, too. So FW shouldn't be looking for a saved file location, right? Or am I wrong?