2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2013 7:37 AM by Rick Gerard

Help with multiple layers moving position

Davids08

Hi I am new to After effects so apologies if this is a daft question.

I have a map as my main layer and I have created a text layer.I want to animate the position of the map which can easily be done.However all other layers move with the map layer.So if I move across the map all other layers moves aswell.When I want them to stay in a fixed position

I would be grateful for any help

Thanks

• 1. Re: Help with multiple layers moving position
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

We can't know anything without knowing the structure of your project, what you animate exactly and so on. Layers don't automatically move in unison, that would only happen if they are pre-composed, parented or linked with expressions or your footage is a flattened file in the first place. Conversely, moving the camera in a 3D scene naturalyl would make all 3D layers respond to that camera, but not 2D layers. anyway, we realyl can't know what's going on without more info. Screenshots of the timeleine might tell a lot....

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Help with multiple layers moving position
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to go through the basics. Start Here.

If all layers are moving then you have either parented all layers to the one you are moving or all layers are 3D and you are moving the camera. Motion in one layer will not effect motion in another unless one of these conditions exist.