8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2013 11:43 AM by snowfall25

Access to file

snowfall25

InDesign CS2 ask access to a file.  I had never seen this question before and I denied access.  Now I realize I should have allow access.  How can I fix this and allow access to that file?

• 1. Re: Access to file
          Larry G. Schneider Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Look for the file name in the Links panel and highlight it. At the bottom of the panel choose relink and then navigate to the file.

• 2. Re: Access to file
            snowfall25 Level 1

Where are no file names in the Links panel

• 3. Re: Access to file
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Exactly what was the message you saw?

Have you tried going back to the Applcation Preferences (General section) and pressingthe Reset All Warnings button, then restarting ID and reopening the file?

• 4. Re: Access to file
                snowfall25 Level 1

I tried what you suggested and it did not work.

What I am doing is trying to export a file to C:\Users\Linda Willey\Documents\Local_sites\New Church files\Pictures\web pics\Web Slideshow\Guest Speaker.jpg

The error message I am getting is this "You don't have permission to save in this location.  Contact your administrator to obtain permission.  Would you like to save in My Pictures folder instead?"

Before I was getting this error message, a dialog box come up that said something like "InDesign is trying to get access to (the above file) Allow or Deny?"  I had never seen this message before and was not sure why  I was getting it then so I clicked on Deny.  And now of course I don't have access to the file. 

I am signed on as the administrator and have access to all other files.  I can export the above file into My Pictures and then move it to C:\Users...Local_sites\...Web Slideshow. 

I would just like to be able to grant access to that file so I don't have to do the work around.

Thanks,

Linda

• 5. Re: Access to file

Sounds like you need to go to the folder in Windows Explorer and check the permissions through the entire path and make sure you have permission to write.

• 6. Re: Access to file
                    snowfall25 Level 1

I have tried that. When I go to Windows Explorer the permissions are all checked to Allow.  They are grayed out.  If I click on edit, I can not click on the grayed out allow boxes.  I can click on the deny boxes and they will get a checkmark but the allow box is also checked even though it is grayed out.  I canceled out of it.

• 7. Re: Access to file

Without being in front of your machine I can't tell you where the problem is, but there's a permission set incorrectly someplace...

• 8. Re: Access to file
                        snowfall25 Level 1

Thanks for your help

Linda