5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2006 1:46 PM by looksgood25

creating a login page

dollinz
      Hi,

I need some help creating a login page, the user info is held in an access 2000 mdb file. I have been able to create an login.asp page and connected dreamweaver to the mdb but from there i get stuck. I cant add any server behaviours as the + button remains greyed out.
      Any helps or links to idiot guides would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
        • 1. Re: creating a login page
          Level 7
          Why is the + button greyed out? What item on the list in the window is not
          checked off? If you have connected to the DB, then you must have defined a
          testing server. You don't have to have a recordset to have access to the
          server behaviors menu .. what isn't checked off?

--
          Nancy Gill
          Adobe Community Expert
          BLOG: http://www.dmxwishes.com/blog.asp
          Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
          Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
          Technical Editor: DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's
          Guide, Mastering Macromedia Contribute
          Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

"dollinz" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:eanl53$k8v$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > I need some help creating a login page, the user info is held in an access
          > 2000 mdb file. I have been able to create an login.asp page and connected
          > dreamweaver to the mdb but from there i get stuck. I cant add any server
          > behaviours as the + button remains greyed out.
          > Any helps or links to idiot guides would be greatly appreciated
          >
          > Thanks
          >

• 2. Re: creating a login page
            dollinz Level 1
            ah. its the testing server that is not checked off, i have set that up now and can now add server behaviours.

Thanks for the help
            • 3. Re: creating a login page
              looksgood25
              Well and good for you, but I am having the darndest time setting up my testing server.

I have all the info correct and try to get the files from my server (where the site was stored) and it sayes: FTP error could not make connection with host. This may be due to any of the following reasons...ect!

When I gave my friend the same EXACT set up I had and he tried to connect he had NO problem. Whats up with that?! We both use dw8 too by the way. Any ideas?
              • 4. Re: creating a login page
                Level 7
                Your firewall?

"looksgood25" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:eaoh8i$pb3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Well and good for you, but I am having the darndest time setting up my
                > testing
                > server.
                >
                > I have all the info correct and try to get the files from my server (where
                > the
                > site was stored) and it sayes: FTP error could not make connection with
                > host.
                > This may be due to any of the following reasons...ect!
                >
                > When I gave my friend the same EXACT set up I had and he tried to connect
                > he
                > had NO problem. Whats up with that?! We both use dw8 too by the way. Any
                > ideas?
                >

• 5. Re: creating a login page
                  looksgood25 Level 1
                  LOL, I checked my connections and no firewall. THEN I got a virus! Then I cleaned it and in the procces of updating virus protector found a little check box saying not to allow dw to conect! After all that it was that simple! THANK YOU VIRUS!