8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2013 12:31 AM by DangermouseDave

Photoshop CC stability issues

DangermouseDave Level 1

Hey Guys ...... just wondering if others are having any of the same issues I am encountering on CC and my Mac?

Often when working my cursor disapears and I have to minimise CC, click on anything except Photoshop ..... maximaize back up and my cursor is back ???

This issue has never happend on any other version of Photoshop ????

I am a Wacom user by the way, just in case this may influence things.

Also when using the "apply image" command ..... when choosing which layer ...... if you don't choose the drop down arrows precisely (but instead hit the main radio button) ...... CC instantly crashes ??

This tends to happen with large files ..... although I have 12GB assigned to CC??

Any input appreciated guys

Cheers Dave

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC stability issues
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Often when working my cursor disapears and I have to minimise CC, click on anything except Photoshop ..... maximaize back up and my cursor is back ???

What is your OS exactly?

Do you use two monitors?

Can you reproduce the issue or does it happen seemingly randomly?

Also when using the "apply image" command ..... when choosing which layer ...... if you don't choose the drop down arrows precisely (but instead hit the main radio button) ...... CC instantly crashes ??

Could you mark on a screenshot which location in the dialog you mean and post it?

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated?

(Consider this more of a bump than actual help …)

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC stability issues
            DangermouseDave Level 1

Cursor issue is very consistant (especially when working on large multi layered files).

Software is at 10.8.4 and CC is all up to date.

As for 2 monitors ...... just one my i7 imac

As for the apply image problem here is a screen grab ....... the red is a definate crash the green area seems to be OK (although it is a VERY fine line).

Again with large multi layered files (which is tend what I tend to work on)

screengrab.jpg

Cheers Guys

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC stability issues
              c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Cursor issue is very consistant

Did it also happen with CS6?

I haven’t been able to reproduce the Apply Image crash (but I did not test extensively).

• 4. Re: Photoshop CC stability issues
                DangermouseDave Level 1

All perfect on CS6 and 5 .....both of which still run smoothly !?!?!?

It's wierd !

• 5. Re: Photoshop CC stability issues
                  Level 7

The cursor disappearing is a widely seen problem in MacOS 10.8 - see the Apple forums for discussions of how it disappears in pretty much all applications (for me, it's always disappearing in safari and never Photoshop).

And I can't reproduce your crash with Apply Image.

Also, in our crash database, I don't see any of the top 50 crashes occurring in the apply image dialog

(and I haven't read all of the less common, one-off crashes yet).  Is your email address used here the same one you used when submitting the crash reports to Adobe?

What do you mean by "large files"?  How large is the document, in pixels?

And what you you mean by "multi layered"?  How many layers?

• 6. Re: Photoshop CC stability issues
                    DangermouseDave Level 1

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply.

The 10.8 cursor issue rings true ..... as it is only recently I upgraded (so that makes perfect sense now thanks)

I have never sent crash reports being honest (as I didn't think anyone ever read them)      ....... I am sure the issue will reoccur so will send over as and when. 

As for files (standard dslr size so 5616 pixels longest edge) ...... as for layers 30 - 50 in general (sometimes less sometimes more) ..... often with smart objects thrown in for good measure

• 7. Re: Photoshop CC stability issues
                      Level 7

>> (as I didn't think anyone ever read them)

We read most of the crash reports.  I don't stop reading until we know exactly what caused the crash and get it fixed.  The more reports we get, the more clues we get about the cause, and the sooner we can get it fixed.

I tried a document 5780x11000 (just happened to have on my desktop) and created 256 layers -- but got no crash in apply image.  There are any number of things that the crash might depend on (from exact size to OS version specific bugs) -- so I'll need to see the crash report to know what's going on.

• 8. Re: Photoshop CC stability issues
                        DangermouseDave Level 1

oooopssssss

Now I know Chris I will never ignore them again !!!

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it