2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2013 10:40 AM by Paulbud

Crash on MPEG export

Paulbud

A problem that is bad and seems to be getting worse - exporting to MPEG2, MP4, or M2V (DVD) always leads to a crash and the dreaded blue screen.  Exporting to other formats is generally okay, but being able to use the above three is extremely important.  The crash occurs whether using direct "export" or "queue" ... on CBR, VBR, one-pass, two-pass, with or without "use previews," with or without "use maximum render quality."  It sometimes happens deep into the export, at other times just as the export is beginning.  I have monitored the core temps during export and they seem reasonable, rarely getting above 70 C.  In this case I am exporting standard definition, but the same thing happens with HDV.

Premiere Pro 6.0.3, Media Encoder 6.0.3.1, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with Service Pack 1, 16 GB RAM, Intel Core i7-3930K 3.20GHz, overclocked (I believe.)  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 with a recently-updated driver (this also occurred with the previous driver)  The system was assembled by a very smart computer guy; unfortunately, he is not an Adobe expert and is a couple of hours away.  His initial thoughts were temperature, but that seems to not be an issue.

I would re-install Media Encoder, but it seems an embedded part of Premiere Pro CS6.  And I'll certainly re-install PP if that might help, or perhaps can revert to an earlier version of Media Encoder.  Before going to those steps, I wonder whether anyone else has run into a similar issues and might have a suggestion.  Thanks very much.

Paul