1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 3, 2013 2:02 PM by Flex harUI

ApplicationDomain.getDefinition not working in Release Build for iOS

jaishy

I am loading an external SWF file and using ApplicationDomain.getdefination("Slide1") in my Flex4.6 using AIR 3.2 for iOS to get the Embed content inside it.

It works fine when I compile in Debug Mode(Fast) but gives Ref Error 1065 (See Error Line* below) on Ipad when compiles in Release Mode(Standard).

Any help/sugestion is appriciated.

The sample code in my actionscript class looks like :-

var request:URLRequest;

request = new URLRequest(strSwfPath);

var rslLoader:Loader = new Loader();

var appDom:ApplicationDomain = new ApplicationDomain( ApplicationDomain.currentDomain );

var loaderContext:LoaderContext = new LoaderContext(false,appDom);

loaderContext.allowLoadBytesCodeExecution = true;

rslLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, loadSwfCompleteHandler, false, 0, true);

rslLoader.load(request, loaderContext);

//--

private var loadedAppDomain:ApplicationDomain;

public var embedClass:Class;

//--

private function loadSwfCompleteHandler(event:Event):void

{

loadedAppDomain = rslLoader.contentLoaderInfo.applicationDomain;

embedClass = loadedAppDomain.getDefinition(slideName) as Class; >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *Error Line.

}

//--------------------- The code inside my external SWF looks like:-

package

{

import flash.display.Sprite;

import flashx.textLayout.compose.ISWFContext;

public class Slide1 extends Sprite implements ISWFContext

{

[Embed("slide1/sldBg1.png", mimeType="image/png")]

public static const bg:Class;

public function callInContext(fn:Function, thisArg:Object, argsArray:Array, returns:Boolean=true):*{

if (returns)

return fn.apply(thisArg, argsArray);

fn.apply(thisArg, argsArray);

}

}

}

• 1. Re: ApplicationDomain.getDefinition not working in Release Build for iOS
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

By using:

var appDom:ApplicationDomain = new ApplicationDomain( ApplicationDomain.currentDomain );

you are setting up a child application domain, and parents cannot see classes in their children, so the child classes can be later unloaded.  There are at least 3 ways to modify your code, but it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Option 1:  You are going to load and unload different copies of SWFs that all contain the same Slide1 definition as the root of the SWF.  In that case, you would force-link Slide1 into the main app, and case the loader's content to Slide1.

Option 2:  You don't need to ever unload the Slide1 SWF and only load one copy.  In that case, you would set the LoaderContext's applicationDomain to ApplicationDomain.currentDomain.

Option 3:  You are going to load and unload SWFs but only one has Slide1 in it so you don't want to force link it.  If there is a common interface then it is best to use that interface instead, but otherwise, you would implement on each external SWF a way to access its application domain, or have it find the class for you.  I see that you have implemented ISWFContext on the external class, so you could use that to call the method getDefinitionByName, or you could implement a separate call in each SWF that does something like:

Public function getMyApplicationDomain():ApplicationDomain { return ApplicationDomain.currentDomain };

and call that instead.

Flex builds both mechanisms into the root of every Flex SWF.

-Alex