7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2013 9:11 PM by JJMack

Why has my cs6 non cloud updated to cloud?

444333222111 Level 1

I dont want it. Im not interested. But hey we are changing all your icons to cloud. Screw you I have to login and am scard these fools will use my credit card#

Adobe is really good at graphics I dont trust them as far as I can throw them with my credit information.

Why are you changing my desktop icons without my permission. Yea do whatever you want to. Down here in the south we have a little something called uninstall.

cheers

• 1. Re: Why has my cs6 non cloud updated to cloud?
          Level 7

Unless you've subscribed to the cloud, nothing should be changing.

CS6 is still CS6.

• 2. Re: Why has my cs6 non cloud updated to cloud?
            444333222111 Level 1

I am no cloud subscriber. My icon to update my cs6 has changed to cloud its wanting login details. Adobe can kiss my rear end with this crap.

• 3. Re: Why has my cs6 non cloud updated to cloud?
              Curt Y Level 7

Tone down the attitude as no one else has this problem, so must be something you are doing.

• 4. Re: Why has my cs6 non cloud updated to cloud?
                gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That would be your Adobe ID and password.  Same as what you use to post to the forums or complete product registration. Where are they asking for your Credit Card info?

Gene

• 5. Re: Why has my cs6 non cloud updated to cloud?
                  444333222111 Level 1

Sorry you need a hug?

• 6. Re: Why has my cs6 non cloud updated to cloud?
                    Semaphoric Adobe Community Professional

Check the attitude at the door.

• 7. Re: Why has my cs6 non cloud updated to cloud?
                      JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Perhaps what happened to me happened to you but you handled it differently.  The change you see tried to force itself onto my machine also.

I was happily running CS6 and someone wanted some help.  I thought I may be able to help if I first ran Adobe Application manager to find out about the Updates I have installed.  When I tried to run the Application manager it wanted to update itself. I canceled that but it then terminated.

So I started the Application manager again and let it update itself.  Instead of updating itself it replaced itself with some sort of Adobe Creative Cloud login which had terms of use that I could not agree with. So I declined. 

I then downloaded the newest Adobe Application Manager I could find on Adobe site.  This failed to install popping up a message stating I should download Adobe Support Advisor and run it. 

So I downloaded the Adobe Support Advisor and ran it. It stated it could find nothing wrong. That I should call Adobe.  I'm not a candidate for CC and did not want any sales pitch. I declined to call.

Days went by, I rebooted many times. Adobe Application Manager still would not install. I then decided to clean up my system a bit. I tried to delete all my user id temp files however  could not for some file was open by the Adobe Creative Cloud Helper???

It seems that even though I decline the Creative Cloud Adobe Creative Cloud Helper started every time my machine was booted and open a temp file that had been downloaded.

So I use the Windows Control Panel Programs and Features. Removed the cloud from my system. Then I could delete the temp files and the Adobe Application Manager I downloaded install did not fail.

The new one can handle CC as well as other Adobe products like Photoshop CS6.  The Install did not install any shortcut for the Adobe Application Manager,  However when I use Photoshop CS6 menu Help>Updates the Adobe Application Manager windows opens and preferences shows the Adobe CS6 applications I have installed,  However I can not see and update history or which ones have been installed. It just state all my applications are up to date.