• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Check latest Flash version using Ajax request

Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and here is my simple question.

Is there any URL on adobe.com site that I can call from my page  to find out latest flash player version? I know how to parse response using JS and just want to show link to http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer if visitor's flash player is outdated and don't bother them with extra buttons is everything is OK.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need only number (11.7.700.224 currently) and you think that it will be good style to get whole find-version-flash-player.html page (it is 107kb) and parse 2125 strings of html code just to extract "11.7.700.224" string from it? In that case my JS going to take tons of memory, traffic and CPU time.. I still have hope that there must be some small .xml or text file on adobe site somewhere and I can get it remotely from JS script to find out just "11.7.700.224" string.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines