2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2013 6:44 PM by Vauxlevoyage RSS

Captions

Vauxlevoyage Community Member

When I show a slide show in Photoshop Elements 11, the captions appear about 1/3 of the way up the picture, invariably blocking an essential part of the picture. How do I position them where I want them?

• 1. Re: Captions
          MichelBParis CommunityMVP

Vauxlevoyage wrote:

When I show a slide show in Photoshop Elements 11, the captions appear about 1/3 of the way up the picture, invariably blocking an essential part of the picture. How do I position them where I want them?

I don't think it's possible to customize the position in the slideshow options.

That would be a very useful feature request for future versions.

One suggestion would be to use the 'process multiple' file options to write the caption in a batch export of your slides. You can choose other positions as well as fonts. However that's not flexible enough for me...

I would prefer a solution enlarging the 'canvas', allowing writing the caption outside of the image. For that canvas enlargement you could use a script of the affordable Elements+ (resize) before writing the caption with the process multiple file feature.

http://elementsplus.net/v5/en/resize.htm

Also check other free softwares (Faststone photoresizer, xnview...)

• 2. Re: Captions
            Vauxlevoyage Community Member

Thanks for this. Hope Photoshop notes and corrects quickly--who wants a caption that size across the picture!