36 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2016 5:14 AM by yarivy88692940

Extension Manager CC failed to install extension

alam_84 Level 1

Hi All,

When I try to install my extension then it shows me folllowing error message dialog.

Ext_Mgr_CC_Error.png

I am on WIndows 7 (64-bit) and having both versions of InDesign CC(32 and 64) installed

I have downloaded extension manager from http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/

While I tested the same extension on another windows machine which have both InDesign CC versions installed then got following error message.

"The extension XXXX does not contain a valid signature.

The extension will not be installed."

Please help me to fix the problem.

Regards,

Alam

• 1. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
          Carl Sun Level 4

Please create a file named as ExManCoreLibLog.YES in "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Configuration\Log" folder. Then launch Extension Manager CC to install the extension. After the installation fails, find the log file in the same folder and send it to exman.beijing@gmail.com.

As to the signature issue, I guess it has the same reason as the following thread.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5475666#5475666

• 2. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
            alam_84 Level 1

Hi,

I had send the log file to exman beijing.

Yes the issue is similar to http://forums.adobe.com/message/5475666#5475666 .

IN my case I have a signature which works fine for InDesign CS6 extension and loads sucessfully in extension manager and when I try to use same signature with CC version then it shows me  "signature does not valid"

I don't understand why CC version complains invalid signature issue.

Regards,

Alam

• 3. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
              Carl Sun Level 4

The root cause is the same as http://forums.adobe.com/message/5475666#5475666 because the signature validation result code is 52, too. The following line is from the log file:

[Error] Fri Jul 05 17:54:16.898 2013 (..\Source\Util\SignatureValidator.cpp, 90) -CSignatureValidator::verifySignature: ZXPSign_verify() failed for "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Temp\TMP_20130705175414964", sign_status is 52!

Extension Manager CC has to download CRL to check whether the certificate used for the signature has been revoked. So please make sure the Internet connection has no problem when you install the extension.

• 4. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                alam_84 Level 1

Hi Carl,

I had checked my internet connection and it is working fine then why it shows message "extension does not contain a valid signature"

Also on another computer I am getting following messahe

"Error occured. Error code is -180. The extension will not be installed."

Following is the log details from ExManCoreLibrary.log.

[Trace] Mon Jul 08 16:24:45.031 2013 (..\Source\ExtensionBase.cpp, 131) -CExtensionBase::validateExtension: check block list...

[Error] Mon Jul 08 16:24:46.326 2013 (..\Source\ExtensionManager.cpp, 1601) -CExtensionManager::installExtension: catch other exception for E:\Projects\ProjectSVN\JA_WP\Installers\win\InDesignCC\WebProof.zxp!

[Debug] Mon Jul 08 16:24:56.136 2013 (..\Source\Util\DownloadXManConfig.cpp, 77) -CDownloadXManConfigRunnable::run: downloadXManConfig() failed, status = -262!

I don't understand why extension installation is getting failed in CC where as same extension installed successfully in CS6

Please help me to fix the issue.

I google above error message and found following link http://forums.adobe.com/thread/901994.

Regards,

Alam

• 5. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                  Carl Sun Level 4

The link above has nothing to do with this issue.

I can't find CC version of WebProof.zxp from the link below, the latest version is for CS6. It specified max InDesign version is 8.0. So it can't be installed with Extension Manager CC. Where did you get the CC version of WebProof?

http://www.webproof.com/uk/about-webproof/support/indesign-plugin/

• 6. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                    Carl Sun Level 4

For the signature issue, one workaround is to uncheck "Allow Extension Manager to access Internet" option in Preferences dialog box, then install your extension (this doesn't apply to installing extensions from Adobe Exchange Panel). In this way Extension Manager CC will not check certificate revocation information from Internet. After installation please check this option again to avoid security risk.

• 7. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                      alam_84 Level 1

Hi Carl,

Unchecking the option "Allow Extension Manager to access Internet" will allow the extension to install but it gives unknown publisher warning. Why it gives unknown publisher warning as I have a valid certificate which works fine for Webproof CS6 version. 

The issue which bothers me is that same certificate works fine for CS5-CS6 then why it is getting failed for CC. Do I need to do something with certificate so that it works with CC version?.

I also found that timestamp website is down I try to ping "timestamp.geotrust.com" but it doesn't respond.

I read followings about timestamp certificate

1. Make sure that the geotrust website is not down. You can do this by pinging timestamp.geotrust.com. If the site does not respond, wait until you get a response and try packaging again.

Please help me to fix this issue,

Regards,

Alam

• 8. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                        alam_84 Level 1

HI Carl,

Yes you are right that highest  available version of webproof.zxp is CS6.

CC version of webproof.zxp is not released publically as it is in development phase.

But the one thing that I could not understand is that why same signature works fine for CS5-CS6 and why it gets failed for CC version.?

Does adobe change his strategy to issue a extension certificate for CC version.

I am using signingtoolkit to sign a zxp.   Let me know where I could found a signingtoolkit for CC.

Regards,

Alam

• 9. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                          Carl Sun Level 4

What happened when you installed the CC version? Did EM say that the signature is invalid or the signature is not trusted?

Extension Manager CS6 uses AIR Runtime API to validate signature while Extension Manager CC uses a new C++ based library to validate signature. But it's backward compatible. The validation result should be the same.

Adobe Exchange Packager can be used to package and sign extensions. If you are the member of Agora pre-release community, you can get the latest version which supports extensions for which you write mxi files manually. Adobe Exchange producer portal also provides Adobe Exchange Packager after you signed in but the version is older which only supports common files.

• 10. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                            alam_84 Level 1

Hi Carl,

When I installed zxp then CC EM shows me following message

"The extension XXXX does not contain a valid signature.

The extension will not be installed."

Currently I am using signingtoolkit to sign a zxp.

I am downloading adobe exchange packager and will let you know the result.

Regards,

Alam

• 11. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                              alam_84 Level 1

Hi Carl,

I used adobe exchange packager and result is same i.e. When I try to load extension in EM then it shows "does not contain valid signature" message.

I notice one difference with CS and CC products and that is when we installed InDesign CS6 then extension manager gets installed with it and no need to do separate installation for EM but with CC version EM doesn't gets installed with InDesign CC and hence I need to installed EM separately. Does this make any difference?

Regards,

Alam

• 12. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                Carl Sun Level 4

Are you testing on Windows or Mac? Please send your extension and log file to exman.beijing@gmail.com.

This difference doesn't make any difference.

• 13. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                  masterkenkel Level 1

Please help here as well on a 7 pro machine on Domain I get the same errot when trying to install Deprecated_ServerBehaviorsPanel_Support.zxp.

From ExManCoreLibrary.log

[Error] Fri Jul 12 00:27:46.219 2013 (..\Source\ExtensionManager.cpp, 1601) -CExtensionManager::installExtension: catch other exception for C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\configuration\DisabledFeatures\Deprecated_ServerBehaviorsPanel_Support.zxp!

I tried doing a work around by creating a local user with admin rights even though I already am a local admin. It installed but was unavailable via my domain login.

• 14. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                    alam_84 Level 1

Hi Carl,

I had sent my extension and log file to exman.beijing@gmail.com.

please let me know why I am getting "does not contain valid signature" message.

Regards,

Alam

• 15. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                      Carl Sun Level 4

I have received your mail.

I checked the signature with a command line tool which is based on the same library as what Extension Manager CC uses. The result is:

*********** Certificate Information ***********

CN: WebProof A

OU:

DN: /C=DK/L=Roskilde/O=WebProof A/S/CN=WebProof A/S

OS Trusted: false

Revoked: Unknown - Signer's CRL could not be retrieved or CRL check was skipped.

Offline?

Timestamp: Valid and within certificate validity dates

***********************************************

Signature and file references verified successfully, but certificate revocation status could not be verified as remote CRL could not be reached.

Currently I don't have time to verify which remote CRL the library is trying to reach and why it couldn't be reached. The temporary workaround is to uncheck "Allow Extension Manager to access Internet" option. I will investigate this issue when I have time.

• 16. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                        alam_84 Level 1

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply and waiting for your next comment on the issue.

Regards,

Alam

• 17. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                          szerner Level 1

Hi all,

I am running into a similar problem: Extension Manager CC (v. 7.0.0.347) reports an error when I try to install my extension: "The extension [my extension] does not contain a valid signature. The extension will not be installed."

I'm using Extension Builder 2.1, Flex Builder 4.6, Windows 7 platform. The cerfificate is self-signed, I created it using Extension Builders "Create self-signed Digital Certificate" dialog.

Extension Manager CS6 installs that same extension as expected, just showing a publisher warning because of the self-signed certificate.

Excerpt from From ExManCoreLibrary.log:

[Trace] Fri Jul 19 17:24:11.524 2013 (..\Source\ExtensionBase.cpp, 531) -CExtensionBase::validateUpdate: parse multilingual resources C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Temp\TMP_20130719172410323...

[Trace] Fri Jul 19 17:24:11.619 2013 (..\Source\ExtensionBase.cpp, 583) -CExtensionBase::install:  validate extension [my extension]...

[Trace] Fri Jul 19 17:24:11.641 2013 (..\Source\ExtensionBase.cpp, 118) -CExtensionBase::validateExtension: check supported products...

[Trace] Fri Jul 19 17:24:11.669 2013 (..\Source\ExtensionBase.cpp, 131) -CExtensionBase::validateExtension: check block list...

[Error] Fri Jul 19 17:24:11.890 2013 (..\Source\Util\SignatureValidator.cpp, 90) -CSignatureValidator::verifySignature: ZXPSign_verify() failed for "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Temp\TMP_20130719172410323", sign_status is 50!

[Error] Fri Jul 19 17:24:11.976 2013 (..\Source\ExtensionBase.cpp, 164) -CExtensionManager::validateExtension: CSignatureValidator::verifySignature() failed for "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Temp\TMP_20130719172410323", status is -402!

[Error] Fri Jul 19 17:24:12.011 2013 (..\Source\ExtensionBase.cpp, 598) -CExtensionBase::install: validateExtension() failed for zxp [my extension], status = -402!

(where [my extension] represents details about my extension, which I removed for privacy reasons)

Thank you

Stephan

• 18. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                            Carl Sun Level 4

Could you send your extension to exman.beijing@gmail.com for analysis?

• 19. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                              Carl Sun Level 4

Have you received my reply mail?

• 20. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                Carl Sun Level 4

Your extension contains files with non-ASCII file name, such as "data/colorsystems/Sch枚ner Wohnen Trendfarben.bcs". Extension Builder uses UCF.jar to sign extensions and UCF.jar doesn't handle German characters well. To fix this issue, I would suggest that you rename those files so that only ASCII characters are used in file name, then re-sign this extension.

• 21. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                  szerner Level 1

Thank you Carl, that was it. It would be nice if UCF.jar one day will learn to handle German characters, since we love our Umlauts...

By the way, Extension Manager CS6 (in conjunction with Extension Builder 2.0) had no problems with my non ASCII file names within my extension. Hm.

• 22. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                    Carl Sun Level 4

This is because you sign the extension with UCF.jar but validate it with ZXPSignLib which Extension Manager CC uses. This extension can be installed with Extension Manager CS6 because CS6 uses the same method as UCF.jar to validate signature. ZXPSignLib can handle non-ASCII characters well. So if you sign extension with ZXPSignLib, you can use German characters as you like. The new Adobe Exchange Packager can call ZXPSignLib to sign extensions which is available in Agora prerelease community.

• 23. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                      alam_84 Level 1

HI Carl,

Currently I am using UCF.jar to sign an extension as you said that we can sign our extension using ZXPSignLib.

Where I could found ZXPSignLib, Please provide a URL so that I can download and try to use it.

Regards,

Alam

• 24. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                        Carl Sun Level 4

This library is not provided standalone. The latest Adobe Exchange Packager integrates both UCF.jar and ZXPSignLib. When you package extensions with Adobe Exchange Packager, if you specify the etensions support both CS6 and CC, UCF.jar will be used; if you only specify CC, ZXPSignLib will be used.

• 25. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                          alam_84 Level 1

Hi Carl,

I used Adobe exchange packager to package an extension but don't see an option to specify the CS6 or CC where I could found an option to specify this.

Regards,

Alam

• 26. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                            Carl Sun Level 4

I am not sure which version you are using. When you select "Common Files" option, you can select minimum version of product. When you select "MXI Based" option, product version is specified in mxi file. In both cases, Exchange Packager will know whether this extension will support CC only or not.Packager1.pngPackager2.png

• 27. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                              alam_84 Level 1

Hi Carl,

We are getting "invalid signature" message when trying to installed an extension in CC version.

you provide a work around solution which is unchecked "Allow Extension Manager to access Internet" option.

Now my question is that can we get a fix for this issue in extension manager next release?

Thanks for your help so far in this area.

Regards,

Alam

• 28. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                                Carl Sun Level 4

Does your extension support CS6 and CC at the same time? If yes, can it pass the signature validation in CS6? Could you please send this extension to exman.beijing@gmail.com?

• 29. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                                  alam_84 Level 1

Hi Carl,

We have separate extensions for CS6 and CC but both uses same signature file and passes the signature validation in CS6 and gets failed for CC unless i unchecked "Allow Extension Manager to access Internet".

I have send extensions for CS6 and CC to mail specified by you.

Regards,

Alam

• 30. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                                    alam_84 Level 1

Hi Carl,

I don't get your reply on my above query.

Please note that I had sent an email to exman

Regards,

Alam

• 31. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                                      Carl Sun Level 4

Yuanyuan sent a private build to you for test on October 14th. Haven't you received it?

• 32. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                                        alam_84 Level 1

Hi Carl,

I got the email and private build sent by Yuanyuan.unzip the folder

deleted extension manager preferences from C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Extension Manager CC.

run extension manager sent by Yuanyuan and try to install my extension.

Now it shows me following error message

error.png

I am having windows 7 64 bit machine and InDesign CC 9.1.0.23 both 32 and 64 bit.

Regards,

Alam

• 33. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                                          Carl Sun Level 4

You must have specified  maxversion="9.0" in your mxi file. You have to either remove it or change it to higher number such as 9.9.

• 34. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                                            shortyrules Level 1

I have the same problem here but with Photoshop.

• 35. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                                              lisam97975086 Level 1

I updated to Photoshop CC 20015.5 w/ the cloud package that was the cheapest. I have been unable to get my extensions working in my PS CC. I get "it is not signed" massage and "cannot find the source file". I have downloaded the newest Extension manager but does not seem to matter. I cannot even get pixel Squid to work. Any ideas?

Does teh Cloud control the extensions I can download?

• 36. Re: Extension Manager CC failed to install extension
                                                                                yarivy88692940 Level 1

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 3.06.54 PM.png

hi

please help -

i get this error every time a try to install extensions

from Various sources.

to the last versions of PS or AE (2017)

thank you