• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fonts and the Info block: a conceptual question and a factual question

Advisor ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hacking my way through various operations, trying to root out "unavailable font" messages, and I've noticed (not for the first time, but for the first time I've been minded to ask questions) a whole slew of paragraph style definitions in the .book. Even if I assume they've drifted in there from the component .fm files, I'm still left wondering why.

And considering I've just exposed one area of ignorance, let's go for broke with another question: what is encoded in the BookFileInfo block?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... a whole slew of paragraph style definitions in the .book.

> Even if I assume they've drifted in there from the

> component .fm files, I'm still left wondering why.

They are needed to inform TOC generation and PDF Bookmark gen among probably other things.

My impression is that every time you perform an Update Book those tags are rebuilt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. I ended up building a new .book after cleaning all the .fm, and this seems to have reduced the amount of debris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rtfm … here's what the MIF Reference says about , in case anyone else is ever curious:

Document File Info

For version 7.0 and later, FrameMaker stores file information in packets (XMP) of encoded data. This data can be used by applications that support XMP. In MIF these data packets are expressed in the  statement. This data is generated by FrameMaker in an encoded form, and you should not edit the information. Note that this information corresponds to the values of fields in the File Info dialog box. It also corresponds to the data in the  statement. However, unlike , this XMP data also includes the values of the File Info dialog box default fields for Creator, Creation Date, and MetaData Date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines