3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2013 7:57 AM by Preran

Edge Animate 1.0 and 1.5 on same computer

Chick Newman Level 1

I currently have Edge Animate 1.0 installed on my computer. It was a free download many months ago. I now have a creative cloud membership If I download and install edge animale 1.5...or whatever is the latest version...do I lose the free Edge Animate I have already installed? Or can I have both versions on the same computer?

• 1. Re: Edge Animate 1.0 and 1.5 on same computer
          Preran Adobe Employee

Hi Chick,

You can run both versions (your previous version and 2.0) on the same computer.

Thanks,

Preran

• 2. Re: Edge Animate 1.0 and 1.5 on same computer
            Chick Newman Level 1

Thank you, Preran.

I am not sure where my original free version 1.0 installation package is, should I need or wish to reinstall version 1.0 down the road. Is there a link still available for downloading version 1.0? If not, any idea where the original installer program would be stored on my computer (Windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit)? I am asking in case I inadvertently uninstall the orignal Edge Animate (1.0) either during the upgrade to version 2 or after my subscription to creative cloud lapses.  (I'm a little paranoid about stuff like that. Happened when I installed the trial version of the latest Microsoft Office...I wanted to keep the older licensed version installed, but clicked the wrong option button during installation of the trial and forever lost my earlier...and trusted...version of Office).

Thank you for your help.

Chick

• 3. Re: Edge Animate 1.0 and 1.5 on same computer
              Preran Adobe Employee

Hi Chick,

If you did not download the installer previously to your computer, I am not sure if you will be able to get a copy of it now. From what I remember, there has been no deprecation of features since 1.0. I wouldn't be worrying too much if I were you.

Having said that, I will forward this post to the product team to see if they have the previous version installer that you could use.

Thanks,

Preran