3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2013 10:55 AM by tfi productions 44

How to add/match more memory to editing rig please

tfi productions 44 Level 1

hello,  on a windows 7 64bit machine i have installed mushkin silver line ddr2 991762 (5-5-5-18) 2qty 4gb = 8gb in 2 dimm slots

i want to add another 8gb of ram, however, the exact mushkin is not available...

i would like to avoid having to buy a new 16gb of ddr2 memory

i would like to avoid buying 8gb of ddr2 and find out that it doesn't work with the already installed mushkin memory

can anyone provide help please?

thanks in advance, j

• 1. Re: How to add/match more memory to editing rig please
          ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

You should call Mushkin and give them your current ram model number that should be 6 digits. Ask them what ram model they have that will work with that.

Eric

ADK

• 2. Re: How to add/match more memory to editing rig please

hi Eric,  thanks for the suggestion:  i sent a message to them; i even asked if they had some somewhere

as an aside:  do you know of a way on a win 7 pc to 'hide' disk partitions so they don't show up when you are viewing 'my computer'?

i would like to hide from view:  RECOVERY (E:), HP_TOOLS (F:), and Local Disk (G:)

cheers, j

i have paragon partition manager and just noticed a 'hide partition' option

but i am afraid to do it because these are vital partitions so i thought i'd ask first...

Message was edited by: tfi productions 44

• 3. Re: How to add/match more memory to editing rig please

hello...got it...cheers...

windows 7 ntfs drives only it states:

How to hide a partition in Windows?

Right-Click on My Computer [Computer in Windows Vista and Windows 7]

Click on Manage

From the list of options Click on Disk Management that will be located in the left-bottom section

All your hard disk and its partitions will be show in the right hand side

Right-Click on the partition that you want to hide and select "Change Drive Letters and Path"

Click on "Remove" and click "Yes"

Your drive will now be hidden in my computer

To unhide the drive :

Go to Disk Management Right-Click on the hidden partition [there will not be a drive letter on the hidden drive] again select "Change Drive Letters and Path"

Click on add and select an appropriate drive letter.

Click Ok

Now the drive is unhided.