• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AAM Updates Notifier Stopped Working

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every morning, I get an "AAM Updates Notifier has stopped working." notice from my OS (Windows 7 64-bit).  I can't seem to find any solutions to this problem or even any evidence that anyone else is having this problem.  It's very bizzare.  I seem to recall trying to run updates on my CS6 at one point and having it fail somehow, but I was very busy and not really paying attention.  I suppose I thought, "I'll do it later."  But now I get this every morning instead...  When I search for AAM Updates Notifier.exe I can't find it on my machine anywhere.  AdobeUpdater also does not seem to exist on my machine.  I certainly didn't uninstall it myself, but how would I get a "quit working" error on something that doesn't exist to run in the first place?  Anyway, I'd like to be able to run updates on my CS6 again and to stop getting this message every morning...

I originally posted this in Forum Comments because I can't seem to find a relevant forum to post this in.  Someone suggest I try one of the product forums even though this question is really about the AAM updates notifier and not photoshop specifically.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Avittone have you tried removing and reinstalling Creative Suite 6?  I would be concerned about only reinstalling the Adobe Application Manager as there could be other damage done to your installation. 

You are welcome to attempt to reinstall the Adobe Application Manager to see if it resolves your difficulties.  You can download a new copy for Windows from https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773.

If you continue to experience difficulties however I would recommend a standar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avittone have you tried removing and reinstalling Creative Suite 6?  I would be concerned about only reinstalling the Adobe Application Manager as there could be other damage done to your installation. 

You are welcome to attempt to reinstall the Adobe Application Manager to see if it resolves your difficulties.  You can download a new copy for Windows from https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773.

If you continue to experience difficulties however I would recommend a standard uninstall and reinstall of the software as your next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be all I needed.  I'm not sure what happened.  But everything seems to work fine now.  I even got to update everything.  Thank you.  I searched online for "AAM updates notifier stopped working" off and on several times over the last month or so and never found any answers.  I don't know why I didn't think to just reinstall the updater myself.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent thanks for the update Avittone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines