15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2013 12:19 AM by dasessig RSS

How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?

dasessig Community Member

Hi,

I´ve just finished my first Android App using Flash CC and I´d like to upload it to the Google Play Store.

Now Google says there is a RSA-Key Code I have to use ... somehow.

Can anyone tell me what I´ve got to do with it? And please explain it for Dummies

I´ve been searching for some hours now, but I didn´t find anything helpful / anything I could work with. Most Tutorials and Instructions are for FlashBuilder or PC users. Nothing I could use or even understand

I´m working on a Mac using Flash CC - so I´m stuck right now.

So please - HELP ME!

Best regards

Jan

• 1. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?

Update - but NO solution:

Adobe Support gave me this Link today:

http://helpx.adobe.com/de/digital-publishing-suite/kb/publishing-process-android-amazon-mo bile.html

I followed the steps described there and generated a p12 file using this code:

keytool -genkey -v -keystore myadroidapp.p12 -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -storetype pkcs12 -validity 10000

... in the Terminal on my Mac.

At the end I had a new p12 File - the same file I generated  before using Flash Pro CC.

But again there was no possibility to enter Googles RSA-Key.

This RSA-Key looks like this: MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAqrJN2bX8xm5zZftHr+l8ce/EGBssVLS2l4nxwu2xCtugK HrnRuq5a

Y5GiuGlx9ENUjrkUmYtwbxCZdW9kVXnEFEEMSvpudITwU8lzKPFN4QYtBMNA/Cdj7E38df46SfpMxWFkUKfCbcwa8u AsihmNFy1

es/Trq7LVakT33lHIkmklE/BWHKSt1+Ikrh7hNtdSY3PEtIJTo8O9PvdntxXunVU+pKezvZTOcJ7lOAq4Iq2Pq3mXQ ZlWRhtJJWIsfms

CDAcvj2r4Rg0nW9DkuhwL1Cl/25qiB8P0CXe21GFNgUmlP8w9eb9R7qMWCiuq8VwmKEDl1DY07EVVAxmA0k/vQIDAQ AB)

Why ins´t there no any tutorial, instrusction or help on how to enter this Google Play Store RSA-License Key into an Android App which was developed using Flash Pro CC on a Mac??

PLEASE HELP!!

• 2. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?
            Pahup Employee Hosts

Hi,

It's not clear from your post, at what steps you'r being asked for an RSA key. When do you see the request for RSA key? Is it while pakcaging your APK or while uploading the APK on store? Could you please share a snapshot of the UI where you see the request for RSA? Your application is set to free or paid? Have you used any kind of licensing API http://developer.android.com/google/play/licensing/adding-licensing.html (using a native extension) ?

-Thanks

Pahup

• 3. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?

Hi Pahup,

Thank you for your reply!!

I adapted an Android App using Flash CC on a Mac. I already published this App for the Apple App Store. When I published the App for Android I chose Air 3.7.xxx for Android. I also created the p12 certificate using Flash CC in the publishing settigns for Android. So my App is theoretically finished and ready for Upload.

When I went to the Google Play Store Developer Console I had the options to

1.) Upload APK

or

2.) Prepare Store Entry

...so I prepared the Store entry first. When I go to "APK"-Tab in the console it looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2013-07-08 um 19.44.37.png

... it says "Upload APK" and the Button below "Get Licence Key". When I click on the license Key Button it looks like this:

RSA_2.jpg

So I think I should enter this RSA-Key somehow into my App BEFORE uploading it to the Google Play Store. This is recommended when an Ap is set to be paid. My Application is set to paid.

I did not use any kind of licensing API (until now - cause I don´t know how and what it is for)

This is all new to me. It is the first App I want to bringt to the Android market. I really hoped it would be as easy as getting an app into the Apple App Store. I found so many step by step instructions for dummies on "How to get an Flash iOS App into the App Store plus creating all the certificates needed", so I thought it would be the same for Android. But there is no help at all at the moment. I am totally confused.

So any help, hint or instrusction would be great!!

By the way - this is the App I want to get into the Google Play Store

• 4. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?
                Pahup Employee Hosts

You need to use the RSA key provided by Google portal only when you're using licensing APIs in your application. Licensing APIs help you prevent the unauthorized usage of the APK.

Please see this for more details  - http://developer.android.com/google/play/licensing/index.html

If you opt out of using the licensing APIs, then you don't need to use RSA key anywhere.

How to use Android licensing APIs in Adobe AIR - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/android-licensing-native-extensions.html

-Pahup

• 5. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?

Hi Pahup,

thanks again! Ok - I had a look at this instruction and I have an aditional question:

If there is such an API extention in my Android App, does this prevent to install the App on any device?

... or will this prevent the App from being started - so everyone would need an internet connection to launch the app when I´ve added this to my app?

The Problem is - I do not have Flash Builder and I don´t know Java at all.

Is there no way to do this using Flash CC only - by any AS3 code ... or by getting the RSA-Key into my p12 file somehow?

... let´s say I´d be able to create this AndroidLicensingLib - is there a way to connect it to my Flash CC Project? If so - how do I do that?

Sorry for all my questions, but this is really hard for me at the moment ...

Best regards and Thank you!

Jan

• 6. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?

Hi Pahup,

could you please make a second Tutorial as you did it here:

How to use Android licensing APIs in Adobe AIR -http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/android-licensing-native-exte nsions.html

for Flash CC only Users? I am still stuck - please help.

Best regards

Jan

• 7. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?

Hi Pahup,

I followed your Tutorial How to use Android licensing APIs in Adobe AIR and this is the Result. Bildschirmfoto 2013-07-15 um 20.40.06.png

There are many Warnings and Errors. This might be because I´m new to Flash Builder or because there were many Updates to the LVL and so on. Could you please have a look at my Screenshot and your tutorial and tell me what went wrong?

... and some help on how to add this stuff to my Flash CC Project without using FLashBuilder would be great as well

Best regards and thank you in advance

Jan

• 8. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?

Hi,

there is still no way to get the Google Play RSA-Key into my Android App using Flash CC on a Mac! I hoped to get some help from Adobe - but there is no help at all!! This sucks!

I had contact with about 5 Adobe Members - NO ONE is able to help (or answering). This sucks! So Adobe - stop saying that you can Build Android Apps using Flash CC and sell them on the Google Play Store - YOU CAN NOT!!! Pahups Tutorial is not working with the latest updates of Flash Builder + Android/Google Licenze-Stuff! I finished my Android App 3 weeks ago. There is no way to get the Google RSA-Key into my App. There should be a working tutorial on how to make this work!

Feel free to contact me if there is anyone at Adobe who is willing to help!

Thank you in advance!

• 9. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?
                          Pahup Employee Hosts

Hi,

We recently updated (on 15th July) the article to make it work with latest Google LVL offerings, not sure if you've already gone through it, could you please try this again? Also, we're looking into as to what might be causing your java errors.

To answer your question (why not with Flash CC) - as the Java project requires the RSA key in the code, it has to be built by the developer only, it can not be delivered as a pre-built ANE. Also, it's not mandatory to use Flash Builder,  you could use any IDE which suppots Java, you just need to build the jar file.

Also, just wanted to let you know that it's not mandatory to use this LVL native extension, it's a recommendation from Google for paid apps on Play store.

Thanks

-Pahup

• 10. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?
                            Pahup Employee Hosts

No, this wouldn't prevent the installation on any device. If internet connection is not availabe then you will not be able to check the authenticity of the application, in that case you might want to block the user to proceed, up to you.

• 11. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?

Hi Pahup,

thank you! I just tried it again and there are still several error messages and warnings. I updated Android Licensing and this is what it looks like now:

Bildschirmfoto 2013-07-29 um 14.38.29.png

As I said  - I´m only used to work with Flash - Flash Builder is new to me (and very complicated to understand). I don´t know anything about Java etc.

Couldn´t Adobe create a small helper Tool for this .jar File - a Tool with all needed stuff indsie? Where developers like me can enter the RSA-Key, press a Button and it works?

I know that this RSA-KEy is "only" recommended by Google, but as I want my App to be piad there should be an easier Way for Developers using Flash Cc to get this codes inside the App.

... let´s say I´ll manage to create this .jar file one day. What will I have to do with it / how do I get this file into my Flash CC Project?

Cheers

Jan

• 12. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?

Pahup schrieb:

No, this wouldn't prevent the installation on any device. If internet connection is not availabe then you will not be able to check the authenticity of the application, in that case you might want to block the user to proceed, up to you.

So with this RSA-Key inside my App everyone will be able to install the App on any device. But in order to launch the App you´ll need an internet connection, right!?

Is an internet connection needed for each start or just for the first start on each device?

• 13. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?
                                  Pahup Employee Hosts

Yes, the application can be installed on any device. Internet connection requirement would depend on your app logic. Basically, you need to decide if you want to check the authenticity (that the app is actually licsensed, purchased from Google play) of the app (by connecting to google lvl server using the ) on every launch or on 1st launch, recommendation is to have the function (which would check this) be called on every launch. Check the step 9 in "developing sample air app" section.

We're looking into the errors.

-Pahup

• 14. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?
                                    Pahup Employee Hosts

It looks like you're using AIR SDK 3.7, there were few fixes in Java files in AIR SDK 3.8, please download it from adobe.com and let us know how it goes.

Thanks

-Pahup

• 15. Re: How to use the google play RSA code on a Mac?

Good morning Pahup,

I updated to AIR3.8 and now it Looks a little better - but there are Still some warnings. I just deleted and updated the Google Licensing Lib - but there are still these 3 Warnings. When I tried to complie the Java Project I also get an Error.

Best regards

Jan

Bildschirmfoto 2013-07-30 um 09.14.28.png