3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2013 11:54 PM by Todd_Kopriva

roto brush propagation

skelatorrrr

Im rotoing a scene and when i move around to a different frame it would propagate frames 1of99 and when I make a click anywhere it resets the propagation. ..and lags.  All I want to do is add this to my final comp for effects but propagation is killing me.. what do I do??

• 1. Re: roto brush propagation
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

what do I do??

Blunt, straight up answer: You read the help. Sorry, but you pretty obviously have no understanding of how this stuff actually works. Read up on propagation vs. arbitrarily placing new base keyframes by "moving to a different frame" (outside the propagation span) and how to freeze the Rotobrush result for fast interaction.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: roto brush propagation
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First, I'm not trying to be a smart a**, I'm trying to show you how to quickly get answers to common questions.

I have yet to meet anyone that has successfully used Rotobrush without carefully going through the available training materials. It is a procedure unlike any other. There are lots of threads on the subject. A good one was started just 3 days ago and it provided information and links to the REQUIRED training materials to successfully use this tool. There's an ask a question field at the head of this forum where Rotobrush brings up your thread first because you just asked a question and the thread I'm talking about second: (the screenshot is a link)

rotobrush.jpeg

The second place you could look would be to type Rotobrush in the After Effects Search Help field at the top right corner of AE.

rotoSearch.jpeg

Typing Rotobrush there will bring up these resources. Click on any of the first 4 links and you'll have the training you need to use Rotobrush.

rotobrush.jpeg