6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2010 5:17 AM by dinvla

fireworks

web.webster Level 1
      Despite trying every option I can think of, downloading on Internet Explorer, Firefox, increasing download size, emptying temp files, turning off firewalls - I can download the fireworks trial but when I try to install the set up program in the folder - it just flashes off the screen and won't install.

Anyone have Vista??? are there any security settings to override - do I have to apply compatibility to an older program????

Please help
        • 1. Re: fireworks
          Level 7
          > Anyone have Vista??? are there any security settings to override - do I
          > have
          > to apply compatibility to an older program????

just a hunch, but I think the most basic Vista (Vista Home Basic or
          something like that) isn't supported fully by some Adobe products. FWs might
          be one of them.

-Darrel

• 2. Re: fireworks
            Level 7
            web.webster wrote:
            > Despite trying every option I can think of, downloading on Internet Explorer,
            > Firefox, increasing download size, emptying temp files, turning off firewalls -
            > I can download the fireworks trial but when I try to install the set up program
            > in the folder - it just flashes off the screen and won't install.
            >
            > Anyone have Vista??? are there any security settings to override - do I have
            > to apply compatibility to an older program????

Sounds like a corrupted download Try downloading again. I didn't have
            any problems installing it in Vista.

--
            Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            http://www.projectseven.com
            Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
            CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
            http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            • 3. fireworks
              pixlor Level 4
              I have Fireworks on Vista Home Premium. I installed it from a CD, though.

If you have a setup program (an .exe file), try right-clicking on it and select "Run as administrator." Sometimes Vista fails to ask for admin permissions when it should and stuff won't install.

Once installed, the bitmap editing tools are not compatible with Aero, so if you want to use those, you need to set compatibility for FW down a level. Hmm...what else. Oh yeah. Extensions also need to be installed with the "Run as administrator" trick.
              • 4. Re: fireworks
                barryobrien
                You need to turn off the user authentication system and the firewall I have had a few problems getting some programmes to work. This has worked every time.
                • 5. Re: fireworks
                  katoto Level 1
                  Hello

How to turn off the user authentification please?
                  I tried to run as administrator but still had the same problem as the subject of this issue said
                  • 6. Re: fireworks
                    dinvla

I never had issues with Fireworks. Try Ilustrator?

Or try installing it to another machine (the same download) to see if the file is corrupted ot you PC/OS has some bug.