4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2013 9:59 AM by Kai@KaiBuskirk.com RSS

HOW TO UN LICENSE CS6 Master Suite on a COMPUTER that no longer has CS6 it on it

Kai@KaiBuskirk.com Community Member

HOW TO UN LICENSE CS6 Master Suite on a COMPUTER that no longer has CS6 it on it.

Hello,

i own CS6 Master Suite and have uninstalled it from my current macbook pro.

now i would like to install it part (Ai, iD, Ps) on a work station i use from time to time.

it wont let me install, i get a message i have it on another computer and i need to un license or on register the machine?

cant seem to find any other solution other than enterprise....

i own my own software and own creative suites from CS3 - CS6 Master Collections.... and now subscribe to Adobe CC....

any thoughts?

Cheers,

Kai Buskirk

• 1. Re: HOW TO UN LICENSE CS6 Master Suite on a COMPUTER that no longer has CS6 it on it
          BobLevine UGM

If have a CC subscription just use that. All of the CS6 apps are available

for download and installation. You can have two machines active at any time.

The only way to deactivate the perpetual license is BEFORE you uninstall it

under help>deactivate. You'll need to contact Adobe directly since you

didn't and explain the situation. The activation counter will be reset for

you.

• 2. Re: HOW TO UN LICENSE CS6 Master Suite on a COMPUTER that no longer has CS6 it on it

thanks bob....  I hear ya!

I Own and pay for all my OWN gear.... have since 1988...

My CC Apps are all working like a charm.... ( 2 machines licence.... I hear ya! I use 1.....

I have a stand alone CS6 master suite.. ( 2 machines licence....) I use 0..... I wish to install it on a machine I use to teach kids....

Why download when you Own A phisical copy....and I should be able to reset the counter form my Adobe registration pane.....not happening......

again. thanks for the insight....

I should have the ability and flexability to run 4 machines I only Run 1...... at the moment at any given time..... i will need 2 by monday....

now i need a solution I can articulate in less than 4 hours... on a holiday weekend in my pajamas.... im clocking 24 hours so far....

cheers, & beers

kai

• 3. Re: HOW TO UN LICENSE CS6 Master Suite on a COMPUTER that no longer has CS6 it on it
              BobLevine UGM

If you used up the two activations for the master collection then, IME, an

online chat session should get the activation counter reset. If you only

activated on the one machine then installing on a new one shouldn't be a

problem at all.

• 4. Re: HOW TO UN LICENSE CS6 Master Suite on a COMPUTER that no longer has CS6 it on it

Activation and Deactivation of Adobe CS6 Master Suite from a computer no longer needing an instalation or licence to use.

Uninstalling software does not deactivate it.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/100/1008779.htmlTry this first

If you get a "too many activations" error on a second computer, try deactivating on the first computer by choosing Help > Deactivate. For more solutions, see Activation and Deactivation.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html

A single license for Adobe software lets you install the software on two computers. However, you can use the software on only one computer at any given time.

If you want to install the software on a third computer, deactivate the software on the computer on which you will no longer use the software. Then, activate the software on the new computer.

Uninstalling software does not deactivate it.

Please follow these steps, if there is any issue: call adobe

Step 1 - Launch the any CCM software on 3rd machine, it will give you 2 options “License this software” and “Start Trial” – Select “License this Software”.

Step 2 – Enter Adobe ID, password and Sign in.

Step 3 – Now you will get the prompt – Maximum Count Exceeded and you will get 2 button “License this Software” and “Continue” – Make sure you select“Continue”.

Step 4 - Enter Adobe ID, password and Sign in.

Step 5 – Now you get the prompt – Subscription Activation failed – Close the window

Step 6 – Launch the software again the click on “License this software” and sign in

ok... if you did not deactivate befor uninstalling and using the CS cleaning tool....

you need to chat with Adobe.... go to your adobe account...

Adobe CS6 Istalation Instance Counter REset (Thanks Bob!)

In your Adobe Account Navigate Here>>

Customer Support Portal

at the bottom of the support portal there is a a chat link.....

click the Chat Now button!!!!!! they are very attentive .....

Still need help?

Chat now

Support agent is available

and get an account install counter reset... ((Thanks Bob) fixed in less than 1 hour...)

Cheersom

Kai Buskirk
                StudioX
                Kai@KaiBuskirk.com