1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2013 9:51 PM by JPCaptivate

Unable to create a Presenter 9.0 trial Manager Enterprise Installation

Bruce_NZ

Hi Folks,

I have download Presenter 9.0 and I am attempt to create a Manager Enterprise Installation (version 3.1), for a number of people to try out this application, I select trial version and it successfully creates an installation package, but when I attempt to install it on any of my machines it fails to install and within the log file I get the following error message.   Note:  This is cut down version of the log file I can provide the full version if required.

Action start 9:50:46: InstallFinalize.

CustomAction CADeploy returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Action ended 9:51:09: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Action ended 9:51:09: INSTALL. Return value 3.

Property(S): ProductToBeRegistered = 1

MSI (s) (2C:3C) [09:51:09:668]: Product: Presenter9 -- Installation operation failed.

MSI (s) (2C:3C) [09:51:09:684]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Presenter9. Product Version: 1.2.0000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Installation success or error status: 1603.

One thing I have noted is that it doesn't ask for my Adobe username/password when creating the trial unlike version 8 trial...

I have made sure the execeptions have been deployed as per the exceptions documentation.

If I just run the installer of Presenter and select trial it does install on the machines, but due to the number of users that wish to try out this product I have no wish to go to each of these machine and manually install this product.

Cheers,

Bruce