22 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 1:28 AM by lesavage

I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work

Erik Tandberg

When I open up adobe exchange in PS CC ie window/exchange... it is completely greyed out.  I cannot update either although exchange, and PS are uptodate.  I just started using cloud, believe everything is setup correctly. I am signed into the cloud when i attempt this.  I am running latest version OS on an iMAC.

Screen Shot 2013-07-07 at 3.19.03 PM.png

when I check for updates i get this error. 

Screen Shot 2013-07-07 at 3.24.38 PM.png

however....

Screen Shot 2013-07-07 at 3.26.18 PM.png

similarly exchange shows no products....

Screen Shot 2013-07-07 at 3.22.24 PM.png

I dont know what I am doing wrong here!  help please. 

Thanks

• 1. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
          Shugly Finn

I am having a similar issue with photoshop cc on my windows laptop. When I select Windows > Extensions > adobe exchange , the adobe exchange box opens up but is not populated with anything. Additionally I recieve this error; Cannot complete command because the extension could not be loaded. Like the above user I made sure I was signed in and photoshop cc was up to date? This is listed as one of the top new features by one of the Adobe experts but it doesn't seem to work for me. I don't know if this makes a difference but I am located in Canada.

• 2. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
            Erik Tandberg Level 1

I am still struggling with this issue.  I am curious why Adobe has not responded to this question?  I am about to ask for my money back.... I use exchange a lot, and kinda need it.  Very Frustrating.

BTW I am Canadian too - although living in the US.  Maybe Adobe just knows that

• 3. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
              lesavage Adobe Employee

Hello All,

Could you please exit the Creative Cloud Desktop app and restart it to see if any updates appear when reloading. Use the settings icon in the top right hand corner of the app and choose 'Quit Creative Cloud'.

I would expect you to have at least one update after installing the point product. Install the updates and then attempt to launch Adobe Exchange panel again.

Please let me know if you experience further issues.

Thanks,

Lea

• 4. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                Shugly Finn Level 1

Lea

Thanks for your suggestion.

I followed your directions by exiting creative cloud and then re-opening the cc application manager. When I selected install or update an application it indicated that all applications were up to date. I re-launched photoshop and received the same error as previously.

• 5. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                  lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi,

Could you check what version of Adobe Exchange you have on your device by looking in the following file:

Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/extensions/AdobeExchange/CSXS/manifest.xml

Win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4\extensions\AdobeExchange\CSXS\manifest.xml

In the manifest file look for the attribute 'ExtensionBundleVersion'. If everything is up to date then I would expect this value to be 1.0.0

Also, did you make any changes to the extensions/AdobeExchange directory? Do you see a blank panel or do you see the same screenshots as Erik has supplied?

Kind regards,

Lea

• 6. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                    Shugly Finn Level 1

ExtensionBundleVersion="1.0.0"

Photoshop-Exchange.jpg

• 7. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                      lesavage Adobe Employee

Thanks for the screenshot

I have never seen this error before so unfortunately I am going to have to ask you to provide further information...

1) What version of Photoshop are you running?

2) What Windows platform are you using?

3) Do you see this error if you attempt to load another extension such as Kuler?

Could you also provide the following log files by sending them to me at lesavage at adobe dot com

Adobe Exchange log: C:\Users\<user>\[AppData]\Roaming\Adobe\Exchange

Turn on logging for CS Extensions:

regedit>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>CSXS.4

Increase the logging to 6. The log file will then be generated in: C:\Users\<username>[AppData]\Local\Temp. As you are in Photoshop the log file will have the filename csxs4-PHSP.log

Repeat your steps again by restarting Photoshop and attempting to open Adobe Exchange.

Thanks in advance,

Lea

• 8. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                        Shugly Finn Level 1

1) Version 14.0 x 64

2) Windows 7 with current updates

3) I receive the same error when loading Kuler or Mini Bridge. Note: I did successfully run kuler and mini bridge when I was using CS6 cloud.

If I get time today I will follow up with an email with the exchange log

• 9. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                          Shugly Finn Level 1

Adobe Exchange.jpgFinding the Adobe Exchange log... No Exchange folder?

• 10. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                            jeffgreenland Level 1

I've the exact same problem/symptoms as original poster.

Mac OS 10.8.4, rebooted, Everything CC up-to-date.

• 11. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                              lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi Shygly Finn,

This means that the Exchange panel was never started within Photoshop. I look forward to receiving your logs as it seems you have an extensibility issue as opposed to an Adobe Exchange issue and i would like to determine the root cause.

Thanks,

Lea

• 12. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                                lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi Jeffgreenland,

Could you provide the same information that I asked for in Post 5?

Thanks,

Lea

• 13. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                                  Fyredept Level 1

Having same issue with Exchange. Will not populate with extensions due to being unable to update. All extensions I have installed in Extension Manager are populating and working fine. Just Exchange is the problem and will not populate from inside programs.

1. PS CS6 Extended 13.0.5 x64

2. Mac OS X 10.8.4

3. All installed extensions load such as Kuler, Mini Bridge, Easy Rotator, GuideGuide, etc.

CS 6 Master Collection is up to date. And extensions I have installed are working in all programs. Exchange in all programs same issue of not populating.

• 14. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                                    lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi Fyredept,

What do you see in the Adobe Exchange panel? Do you see the same message as Erik reports as I would not expect you to see this in CS6? Could you provide me with the information I ask for in post 5?

Thanks,

Lea

• 15. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                                      Fyredept Level 1

Same as Erik but with CS6. Have not moved to CC as of yet. I have viewed the manifest you mentioned and it seems there is a conflict in it. In the beginning of the manifest it states version 0.9.4, but later in the manifest it shows version 1.0.0. It looks like it is updated but in fact is not. Even when I check for updates through my Application Manager, it states I am up to date. Have since solved my issue. Solution was to download the Adobe Echange Plugin from Adobe's site again and reinstall the plugin. Removed the version I had installed, installed version I downloaded and all was working. Checked it in all programs where it is installed and it immediately populated without update prompt. Have also rechecked the manifest and there are no longer any conflicts in it. It reads as 1.0.0 everywhere. Thank you for your assistance in this matter and I hope this will help some others here who are having similar problem.

• 16. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                                        lesavage Adobe Employee

Thanks for the update fyredept. So just to confirm:

- You downloaded the panel from Adobe Application Manager/Creative Cloud desktop app

- You triggered an update through the panel or did you trigger an update through Application Manager (?)

Your panel resulted in two version numbers 0.9.4 and 1.0.0 - is that correct?

I was going to suggest installing the version from adobeexchange.com but wanted to check your version number before proceeding.

• 17. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                                          Fyredept Level 1

1. No, I downloaded the Exchange plugin directly from Adobe's website. Tried to trigger an update through Adobe Application Manager, but would not trigger. Stated all was updated.

2. Original manifest you suggested viewing showed 2 different version numbers, 0.9.4 & 1.0.0.

3. Opened Adobe Extension Manager and clicked on install. Searched out the download of the Adobe Exchange plugin I had just downloaded. The first prompt told me that I had another version of it and did I want to uninstall the old version before installing the new version I downloaded from Adobe's site. Did the uninstall and reinstall of new download.

4. Installed without a hitch. Closed Adobe Extension Manager and tried opening Adobe Exchange plugin again in all porgrams that have it installed and it immediately populated with out propmtimg me for an update in all programs. Problem solved for me.

5. Reopened the manifest and it showed version 1.0.0 in all places. New manifest showed it had updated properly.

Original manifest looked like it had updated Adobe Exchange but in fact had not updated it as it was showing 2 different versions.

• 18. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                                            lesavage Adobe Employee

Thanks for the additional information Fyredept!

• 19. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                                              Erik Tandberg Level 1

hi lea

i appreciate the responses.  sorry of my late reply to yours... busy at work.

in the xml file - it is...

ExtensionBundleVersion="0.9.4"

not 1.0.0 as you suggest.

i am running mac os Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 6.51.54 AM.png

also if i try to do an update on any cloud application i get the following error

Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 6.44.21 AM.png

• 20. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                                                lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi Erik,

Can you send me a PM so I can forward on an attachment which I think will help resolve your issue?

Thanks,

Lea

• 21. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                                                  Erik Tandberg Level 1

Hi Lea - I tried everything you suggested in your email - even uninstalled all CC and reinstalled.  Same problem.  Totally frustrated!     ExtensionBundleVersion = 0.9.4  

Regards

Erik

• 22. Re: I cannot get Adobe CC Exchange or Extension to work
                                                    lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi Erik,

Sorry about this. I have never seen this error be so persistent! To help me troubleshoot this further could you enable all the logs as outlined in post 7 but use the following Mac paths:

Exchange Log: /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Exchange/

Mac preferences file: /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.4.plist

Mac CC application log files: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/CSXS

Then help by answering the following questions:

1) Is my assumption correct that you currently have CC installed and 0.9.4 version of the panel. When you quit the Creative Cloud desktop client (using the settings icon in the top right hand corner) and restart, updates are shown but when you install, installation fails?

2) When you removed all the Creative Cloud applications, were the following two directories also removed?

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/extensions/

/Users/<username>/Application Support/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/extensions/

3) When you install the ZXP that I provided and restart the Creative Cloud desktop client and attempt to install the Photoshop CC update, the update fails again? If yes, could you also send me the log file generated so I can get the relevant team to investigate further.

Thanks in advance,

Lea